Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2012
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road
Re: My Boat was Hit Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatapaul View Post
It is actually a good thing they did not, because some insurance policies are written as to deny any coverage if they had been drinking. So it could turn into a real battle and end up with nothing but a lien on a house. I have seen this a lot with car crashes. Insurance companies are always looking for a way to weasel out of a claim.
I see, well good then, She's already having some luck turn her way.
Old 07-26-2012
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetexas View Post
My condolences, Courtney. You and Riley are welcome on my boat while Libby gets repaired -- unfortunately, it's in Texas.
I'd love to host Courtney and Riley too, because I like her style. But unfortunately, we're in Annapolis. On the hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 07-26-2012

tommays will become famous soon enough

Seafever was hit BY a SAILBOAT 6 weeks after a 20 month refit

IT does NOT look like much BUT due to the fiberglass dust issues i had to remove EVERYTHING from the boat to do the repair and that is were the cost starts going UP

1981 J24 Tangent 2930
Tommays
Northport NY

If a dirty bottom slows you down what do you think it does to your boat
Old 07-27-2012

cktalons is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Fixed it for you.

Dude! Show some swagger!
Haha, thanks Jetexas for the offer, and thanks smackdaddy for selflessly offering swagger lessons. You just give and give.

wingNwing, aw, you're so sweet!
Old 07-27-2012

Marcel D is on a distinguished road

Miss Libby ok you can stay aboard our boat in port Sidney you look like a nice girl.
Old 07-27-2012
Much to learn...

Capt-T is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Capt-T

Courtney... I'm fairly certain if Jaden had been left on watch when you went ashore none of this would have happened!

All kidding aside... I've been following your blog since almost day one and this news hit me as if I had heard it from a family member. Best of luck to you in the recovery process. I'm glad to hear you aren't rushing to find an ambulance chaser just yet. Trust that the process will work in your favor from the other insurance company (no reason to involve yours), but don't be afraid to defend your rights with any means possible if things do start heading south.
cktalons likes this.
Old 07-27-2012
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt-T View Post
Courtney... I'm fairly certain if Jaden had been left on watch when you went ashore none of this would have happened!
LOL - yes, THERE's the right solution!!!

Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Old 07-27-2012
Doesn't sail enough

zedboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.aaron View Post
But I had spent all my money on the first sinking. I had to camp on a near by island and make a teepee out of my sails and live like that for a month looking out at my mast sticking out of the water untill I could afford to raise it. That's actually when I met my wife, so look how fortunate my misfortune was.
Aaron we need to turn your life into a blog, or a movie, or both (=a youtube tv show about anchors?)
Old 07-27-2012
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road

I was once explainig all my mis-adventures to a new girlfriend who was contemplating sailing down to the Caribbean with me and she said " geez< I don't know if I want to go to sea with someone who has had all that bad luck and made all those mistakes" I replied " I don't know if I would want to go to sea with someone who hasn't!"
MikeinLA, cktalons and Jgbrown like this.
Old 07-27-2012

cktalons is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt-T View Post

All kidding aside... I've been following your blog since almost day one and this news hit me as if I had heard it from a family member. Best of luck to you in the recovery process. I'm glad to hear you aren't rushing to find an ambulance chaser just yet. Trust that the process will work in your favor from the other insurance company (no reason to involve yours), but don't be afraid to defend your rights with any means possible if things do start heading south.
Capt-T, Yes, if only he'd been around to stop it! Now that we've brought him up, I'm not going to deny that I've thought about, if things do go south, highlighting certain passages in the book and sending the book along to the people involved in the process, thus letting them know what kind of imagination I have. Sections and scenes from chapter eleven comes to mind...But I've so far restrained myself.

When me and SV Libby are in a misadventure, I try to think what book Libby, her namesake, would do in the situation. Usually the response is the same: be witty and make jokes. If life immitates art, then the SV Libby will fully recover and return to her clever remark-making and brave ways, but only after a painful and arduous recuperation.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.