SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Cruising & Liveaboard Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-liveaboard-forum/)
-   -   Sailing Blogs (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-liveaboard-forum/90346-sailing-blogs.html)

GCASKEW 07-31-2012 11:47 AM

Sailing Blogs

Not that The Slapdash has competed their big circle and their blog is winding down, what other blogs do you guys follow?
I'm hooked onto Zerotocruising but I need more so if you have some that you follow that are interesting and also pass along good info, please post them so we can all follow...

PS: Thanks to the Slappy crew for allowing us to live through them...

mikel1 07-31-2012 11:10 PM

Re: Sailing Blogs

Windtraveler.net and sailingaroundtheglobe.blogspot.net both very different and "good"

bljones 07-31-2012 11:40 PM

I'm digging freedom's journey:
Cruising Aboard Freedom
mimsy and the ARE and their friggin' adorable spawn may eventually leave...
Our Life with Ceol Mor
bob in puget sound has some good stuff in the PNW
Windborne in Puget Sound
Dylan Winter and the KTL
KTL Films Keep Turning Left
Mid-Atlantic liveaboards:
http://lifeafloatarchives.blogspot.com

copacabana 08-02-2012 03:55 PM

Here's one I've been following. He's now in my neck of the woods after doing the Horn and sailing up the coast of Argentina.

Pachuca Circumnavigation

melody1204 08-03-2012 12:09 AM

I agree with Mike about Windtraveler and Sailing Around the Globe blogs - both are great, and refreshingly different. I read both regularly!

I think many of you will also enjoy our blog, titled Vacilando at www.mondovacilando.com

We're currently ranked as #12 on Blog Nation's Sailing Blogs. Here's the description:

"This is the story about a man, a woman, a dog, and a journey. Meet Chris, Melody, and Jet. They sold their house and almost everything in it to move aboard a 35' sailboat in search of simplicity and the freedom that comes with it."

I hope you'll check it out and let me know what you think!

I look forward to reading some of the above suggestions, too - there are a few that I haven't heard of.

Happy sailing!

tashahacker 06-27-2013 12:40 PM

Hey there,
I just found this thread because I was actually looking to revisit The Slapdash, since they are one of my favorite sailing blogs of all time. And I got here but couldn't find their blog archives anywhere on the web. Does anyone know if the site got taken down, or if it's at another address? I thought it was TheSlapDash (+.com - I'm not allowed to type in URLs here ti seems)

Since some people here were looking for sailing blogs to follow, I thought maybe I should trumpet a little and let you know that my husband and I are cruisers in the Caribbean and we're about to do the Clipper Round the World Race - 2 legs of it, from England to Brazil, then from South Africa to Australia.

So if you're interested in following the blog of some cruisers-turned-racers, check out Turf to Surf at TurfToSurf (+.com - again I can't type in URLs or my comment gets rejected) :-)

Tasha (& Ryan) on s/v Hideaway

PBzeer 06-27-2013 02:33 PM

At the bottom of my post you'll find a list of blogs.

UPHILL 06-27-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBzeer (Post 1050795)
At the bottom of my post you'll find a list of blogs.

PB, you need to add "momo and the big blue world", "The Drake" and momo, just landed in St. Johns NF.

Drake, the guy that does the killer cruiser vids.

PBzeer 06-27-2013 06:25 PM

The list is made up of people who have requested to be on it.

saildork 06-27-2013 07:06 PM

Sometimes I get lost in the blogs, there are so many good ones. Interestingly, I met Chris (Melody1204) today at dockside in Oriental, NC. We were admiring a couple small but seaworthy yachts there while Chris and I traded yarns. A pleasure to meet you, Chris. I look forward to the adventures of Vacilando and her crew! See you soon on the Chesapeake.

Pat