Not a Member? 

Like Tree10Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2012

earthoftomorrow is on a distinguished road
To all liveaboard and cruisers out there:

EDIT:

I was not welcome here on sailnet and therefor I have found a new safe port where I am actually wanted.

I therefor ask my profile to be deleted. I could not find this button to delete the profile anywhere.

Last edited by earthoftomorrow; 08-14-2012 at 07:49 AM. Reason: link to commercial site
Old 08-07-2012
Crotchety Old Member

tomperanteau is on a distinguished road
Re: To all liveaboard and cruisers out there:

What a coincidence. I'm looking for a 51 foot Formosa in excellent condition for around $5000. Anyone know where I can find one?
zeehag, messer999 and AncientTech like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Footprints

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube

1969 Crealock/Columbia 36 Sloop completely refitted in 2000 and new Yanmar in 2006.
Old 08-07-2012
Banned

ParadiseParrot is on a distinguished road

Try Indiantown Fl. Keep the BB for the KK.
Old 08-08-2012

aeventyr60 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomperanteau View Post
What a coincidence. I'm looking for a 51 foot Formosa in excellent condition for around $5000. Anyone know where I can find one?
It's sitting in a marina near you...
tomperanteau likes this.

"Your dreams minus your doubts equals your net worth"

Life is a short journey, filled with emptiness and pain. Get all the sailing and booty you can.
Old 08-08-2012
Wind and pie move my boat.

kjango is on a distinguished road

They do seem to be out there right now . I recently bought a Columbia 9.6 meter with minor issues , but otherwise sound , for 2K.
Old 08-08-2012

Ok. I am sorry about that.

Last edited by earthoftomorrow; 08-08-2012 at 07:09 AM.
Old 08-08-2012
Wish I never found SN!

SimonV will become famous soon enough

Had a look at you web site.................I am out of here.

I love my boat
S/V GOODONYA
Brisbane
present location Heading to the Whitesundays

DELIVERY SKIPPER
Drinking Rum before 10am makes you a Pirate NOT an alcohlic
Old 08-08-2012

MarioG is on a distinguished road

The was a 38' steel boat in Ft.Perice Fl that would have been perfect but the owner didn't register it and I think it was cut up for scrap.
Old 08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonV View Post
Had a look at you web site.................I am out of here.
Thank you so much for trying to make me feel small. But I got news for you - this is not needed or good behavior and not to be expected from a sailor - maybe from a 15-16 year old kid.

First of all - I am here for the sailing and not for the website I am running. I am here just like any other sailor smart enough to soak up anything new to him and any experiences out there to make my own passages safest possible.

I have never before - and now I am serious - this is the first time I have received any attention like this - never before I came here. I am used to respect.

Second - if you do not interest yourself for these things, fine - no need to let the whole world know this is too dumb for you - just do not see the point? Also, the fact that I wanted a website for my several years sailing around to keep me busy and to keep the excitement up and also some (and then I mean some pocket money) The expeditions themselves are paid from my web shop. This website is a personal document of my sailing days.

The unknown interests me and have always done so. I have an IQ far above Mensa requirements and my brain needs to work. Also I am about as good as you can get catching liars and con artists. I use this to help out people who get taken advantage of by "psychics" and their likes.

Also, I have during the years written a lot of articles - quite a few of them are about the unknown - in a skeptical preview of course, just like on my website where I take down one conspiracy theory after the other. I reveal con artists and how they do it. The excitement is that sometimes, just sometimes things may not be as you think.

By the end of the day it harms nobody and saves a few good natured people a future fortune. And it will make my traveling interesting. The unknown is the theme and it gives indefinitely possibilities for exciting expeditions no mater where I am.

Jungle expeditions, Easter Island, Bermuda triangle, abandoned ships, exploring myths and legends - to me this is more fun than to drink umbrella drinks on a beach (which I will be doing plenty of as well in between)

Conclusion:
Sailnet is obviously not for me - I am not happy when people just have to make a remark like that.

It is a first time for everything - but this I was never expecting

If this is the general feeling here about me. I do not want to burden you all and I will leave.

With cops like that I wonder how many got "caught" while they were innocent? I bet a whole lot he has not even read one article on this website and still talks like he knows what it is really about. This is probably one of those cops with narrow mind and lots of wrongfully executed arrests.

I might be wrong I just think this sounds about right after he jumps to his conclusion with no facts checked. Of course this is not something I should write in public - these thoughts should be kept to myself - like he should. The very least, I make my assumption after reading, he made his before checking the facts behind the facade - those are generally the best people suited to be cops - or so I heard.

Last edited by earthoftomorrow; 08-08-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-08-2012

davidpm is on a distinguished road

Earth.
They run a pretty tight ship around here and work very hard to make sure this site don't turn into a spam site. I am grateful for the moderators hard work.
At any one time there will be from 50 to 200 people on line at any one time.
The chances of one of them saying something that is annoying or appears inappropriate at one time or another is approxamitly 100%.

If you stick around and ignore the posts that annoy you and learn from the ones that are insitefull I think you will really enjoy sailnet.

I'm sure many of us are interested in your boat selection process, I know I am, and would welcome hearing what you have found out so far.

Welcome back.
And remember now one person or post is sailnet.
Closed Thread