And apologies in advance, but I will try to give enough detail to spare folks the task of typing "It depends on your needs."
The six foot itch kicked in and turned into the ten foot itch and is now between 13 and 15 feet - we are looking at boats between 35 and 37 feet.
- This is for two people to live aboard sometimes right now and more down the line
. We did this on our current boat...which is to say no, we don't need the boat to come with a butler but yeah, there's a reason we got the itch.
- Must have a centerboard or at least a shoal keel - but preferably cb.
- That magic balance between enough displacement to keep her reasonably stable and dare I say comfortable but not so much that we have to give up and turn the engine on half the time.
- Needless to say, well built.
- The boat will definitely be 70's or 80's. Aside from the price tag, there's a wealth of information to be had about boats that have a track record. (Such as what you good people are thinking about posting right now.)
We have a top two in this beauty pageant right now, but rather than turn it straight into a comparison of those specific boats, I'll see what wisdom rains down. There are a lot of boats that will fit the above criteria, but which do YOU like, and why?
One name I will submit as having been dropped: Pacific Seacraft. So beautiful! So solid! Such a good reputation! A little on the heavy side.