Not a Member? 

Like Tree163Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about
Re: rammed:by the customs & border patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LlIoN View Post
He came back in the first couple of pages and made some clarifications before promising a part 2 and hinting at a part 3, and then nothing. I was thinking maybe he got to Belize and decided not to come back.
Umm, guys. He had 7 threads started "Do Not Try This at Home"

warning:do not try this at home-part#7

Each one sounded more dangerous than the previous one.
It actually is good for any one that wants to go out on an ill prepared boat in an ill prepared manner. Just my opinion.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most - E.B. White
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2013

H3LlIoN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailortjk1 View Post
Umm, guys. He had 7 threads started "Do Not Try This at Home"

Each one sounded more dangerous than the previous one.
It actually is good for any one that wants to go out on an ill prepared boat in an ill prepared manner. Just my opinion.

Thanks for that. Should give me something to do after I get done trying to navigate the inner workings of siriusXM's marine service.
Old 01-10-2013
Banned

Enigma0 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailortjk1 View Post
You think way too much of yourself if you believe time fears you or is trying to bury you. If you were to ask me, I believe time simply wants to ignore you, than again I can't speak for time like you can, I can only speak for myself.
Time seeks to bury us all. It is as inexorable as Gravity.

But I was merely being allusively playful with what Egyptian Arabs say about the pyramid complex at Giza. "Man fears Time, but Time fears the Pyramids."

It was indeed time, heh, for the thread to return to the OP and his fate.
Old 01-16-2013
Banned

Brent Swain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
Yup, you guys are freer. Fully hands off. Congratulations. These interviews took place a few months prior to 9/11.

Is Canada A Safe Haven For Terrorists? | PBS - Trail Of A Terrorist | FRONTLINE | PBS

I only have a problem with the perceived tone that LEOs are, therefore, all joining in order to impose themselves on others. I fully disagree, at least in the US. Most are joining to protect, not impose. There are bad apples everywhere, even on sailboats. I do agree that you can't do the job as an LEO, unless you are willing to impose. Just like you can't be a school teacher either. You must be willing to tell Johnny to sit in his seat and listen, whether he wants to or not. But, that's not why you took the job.
The 911 terrorists didn't need Canada, they got their training and everything else they needed in the US. Rassam could have easily crossed the border and acquired everything he needed to make his explosives ,in the US.
The US, with automatic weapons and military hardware so easily available, is a far safer haven for terrorists. What Uncle Sam is saying, when he calls Canada a "Safe haven for terrorists" is he doesn't want an example to how much more freedom and respect for human rights one can have, so close and easily accessible to Usanians, for fear they may end up demanding the same. He wants us to lower our standards to theirs, so theirs will be more readily accepted .

Laws governing Mounties ( commissioner's standing orders) and no doubt other police forces, make it illegal for a cop not to back up another cop, no matter how sleazy the other cop is being. Thus they make honest cops carry the dishonest ones like millstones on their backs, in terms of reduced public support and credibility.
" NO Sergeant Renfrew, altho he is your colleague and partner , he is definitely not your friend."
AKscooter likes this.

Last edited by Brent Swain; 01-16-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-16-2013

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about

"What Uncle Sam is saying, when he calls Canada a "Safe haven for terrorists" is he doesn't want an example to how much more freedom and"
Nonsense. Unless Canada has tightened up the borders, the reference to it being a safe haven for terrorists comes from the way Canada would allow anyone to walk off a plane and say "I'm a refugee!" and then let them go off and disappear.
That's got nothing to do with weapons or human rights. Whether someone is or isn't a genuine refugee and in fear of their life, you don't just let a stranger in with no ID check and no way to see where they fall off the radar.
Here in the US, we make them swim or hike through the open spaces, so they have to sneak in. No easy airline trips right into the big city.
Which isn't a whole lot more impressive, is it?
AKscooter likes this.
Old 01-16-2013
Banned

Seems thousands of them have no problem swimming or crossing open spaces into the US every year. With the US having caused many a refugee problem in Central America by supporting mass murderous, genocidal regimes, it's high time they started paying for such crimes, in terms of supporting their innocent victims.
Refugees often don't have the option of having ID. The US is a state of the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrat, by the bureaucrats. No wonder they tell refugees "Kiss the ass of your bureaucrats, or die."
The US campaign of disinformation about our health care system was an example of how worried they are about having a better way of doing things on display, right next door, and how much money they are willing to spend to undermine it..
Old 01-16-2013

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about

The US is spending gobs of money to undermine the Canadian helath system? Oh boy, do enlighten us! Don't start till I get my popcorn.
Old 01-16-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
The US is spending gobs of money to undermine the Canadian helath system? Oh boy, do enlighten us! Don't start till I get my popcorn.
When Clinton tried to give you health care, a steady stream of ******** disinformation and anti public health care propaganda was put put out by your media, crossing the border in US media programing. They still fund advertising against the maintenance of our public health care system, with well paid for disinformation campaigns, and insisted on the extension of drug patent laws as a pre condition of NAFTA, which continue to undermine the affordability of our public health care system.
Old 01-16-2013

So some nebulous claims about media and advertising and patent rights become an attack on your helathcare system? Um, no, Canadians include some big boys who can make up their own minds. And the major Canadian pharmaceutical houses can make all the drugs you need. Patent laws treat everyone the same, if you don't like the prices you have to pay for drugs owned by US pharmacies, either withdraw from the patent conventions, or spend your own money on other drugs. That's what everyone else has to do, that's not "undermining" anything in Canada.
Undermining would mean our government was literally attacking your healthcare system. that's what you said, that we're spending money on destroying your system. We could do that, we could easily send in people to set fire to your clinics, or buy out all the drugs from the pharmacy shelves. That would be undermining.
But complaining about international licensing terms and advertising? Put on the bigboy pants.
Old 01-16-2013
Banned

Just like the US we have a lot of people gullible enough to buy the misinformation campaigns .You're an example of that. Public health care is dependent on public support. They wouldn't spend mega bucks on advertising if it didn't work.
Go change your diapers.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.