Like Tree163Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012

azguy is on a distinguished road
Re: rammed:by the customs & border patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
Boarded ELEVEN TIMES in 4000 miles?
I'd be asking myself, why am i attracting unwanted attention and how do i stop doing it?
I know, it seems even with bad luck that's a lot of boardings....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

The important part of this story that no one has picked up on is that 2B&B sailed a freakin' CATALINA 22 2B&B! 4000 miles!

Granted, maybe he shouldn't have named the boat "Cocaine Cowboy" - but that's some pretty impressive work out there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 11-16-2012

deltaten is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to deltaten

^^
**IF** the story is to be believed as fact!?
Old 11-16-2012

remetau is on a distinguished road

We've been boarded once while out, and were instructed to maintain course and speed. Another time we were boarded by the US Border Patrol without us being aboard according to our trusty neighbors.

Cocaine Cowboy. Gotta love that one. Maybe I should rename my boat Mary Jane and see if our boardings increase.

Old 11-16-2012

Brewgyver is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
I don't really care. I just look forward to Part 2.
Slow day, eh Smackdadddy?
smackdaddy likes this.
Old 11-16-2012
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road

I belive him. The boardings are a lot more frequent in border states, ie: Fla. Texas. It's hard for bay sailors in the middle states to fathom what it's like down here sometimes. It's a different world. And I get boarded frequently at night or at least aproached in the lower Key's, they alway's ask you to maintain course and speed, we were boarded 100 miles south of the Caymans in the middle of night by a coast guard group stationed on a navy destroyer, we still were asked to maintain course and speed. There are people actually out there traveling around in small sail boat's,I think 2bb should stand for 2 big balls, looking forward to part 2.
jrd22, ehmanta, chef2sail and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Capt.aaron; 11-16-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-16-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
The important part of this story that no one has picked up on is that 2B&B sailed a freakin' CATALINA 22 2B&B! 4000 miles!

Granted, maybe he shouldn't have named the boat "Cocaine Cowboy" - but that's some pretty impressive work out there.
Good one smacker! Crazy nut.
smackdaddy likes this.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 11-16-2012
C&C 34

MysticGringo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to MysticGringo Send a message via AIM to MysticGringo Send a message via Yahoo to MysticGringo Send a message via Skype™ to MysticGringo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco View Post
Usually when they board you they tell you to maintain speed and course.
I've never been boarded, so I made an assumption that you'd ease up atleast to level the boat some.

Old 11-16-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.aaron View Post
I belive him. The boardings are a lot more frequent in border states, ie: Fla. Texas. It's hard for bay sailors in the middle states to fathom what it's like down here sometimes. It's a different world. And I get boarded frequently at night or at east aproached in the lower Key's, they alway's ask you to maintain course and speed, we were boarded 100 miles south of the Caymans in the middle of night by a coast guard group stationed on a is navy destroyer, we still were asked to maintain course and speed. There are people actually out there traveling around in small sail boat's,I think 2bb should stand for 2 big balls, looking forward to part 2.
Yeah, we'll, we have a lot more miles than that and hardly anything. It has nothing to do with kids hanging upside down from to boom begging them, "hey... Board us, please! Is that a real gun? Do you have a boating license? Hey, how fast does your boat go? Can I come aboard? Do you burn a lot of gas? Hey, wanna see my Lego project? Hey!!! Where are you going? Board us!!! Please!!!!!"
jrd22, Melrna, ehmanta and 12 others like this.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 11-16-2012
Life is a wild ride!

Dean101 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
Yeah, we'll, we have a lot more miles than that and hardly anything. It has nothing to do with kids hanging upside down from to boom begging them, "hey... Board us, please! Is that a real gun? Do you have a boating license? Hey, how fast does your boat go? Can I come aboard? Do you burn a lot of gas? Hey, wanna see my Lego project? Hey!!! Where are you going? Board us!!! Please!!!!!"
The more I picture this in my mind, the harder I laugh! It gets even funnier when I imagine what the coasties must be thinking!!
zeehag likes this.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.