Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree163Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.aaron View Post
Because that's where we live, The Key's, I have a House in Guanaja Honduras, and I deliver boats all over the Caribbean, Been living here my whole life, working commercial tug's, sailboat's, dive boat's. I work harbour tug's in and out of Miami the Bahama's. That's why I supose. Funny thing is your avitar is a happy pirate shooting a cartoon cannon.
Hey Aaron, for whatever it is worth, vega is one of the few on here I respect along with you. Good fella if that is worth anything from my opinion. Good sailor. You two would see things eye to eye.

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-17-2012

Brent Swain is on a distinguished road
Re: rammed:by the customs & border patrol

In Canada my boat is a private residence, and it is illegal for anyone to come aboard uninvited, without a search warrant. To get one they have to present some pretty convincing evidence to a judge,and that can be challenged. I would never allow anyone aboard . Offshore, some sharp things sticking out, take care of any uninvited inflatables. I once ripped open a US coastguard inflatable that way. The harbour security guard said they would be scrubbing toilets for a while, for that screw up.
I wouldn't cruise any country which allows a bunch of macho foreigners to enforce their own law in their country.
AKscooter and oysterman23 like this.
Old 11-17-2012
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
Hey Aaron, for whatever it is worth, vega is one of the few on here I respect along with you. Good fella if that is worth anything from my opinion. Good sailor. You two would see things eye to eye.

Brian
Just josh'n with him, I'm sure he is. I couldn't help but think of this thread over the past hour as we moved a fuel barge to the other side of Miami harbour and saw the Border Patrol Board an incoming Cruiser with a yellow flag flying in Goverment Cut. Those of you who are'nt sailing right on the front lines of the game are'nt getting boarded and don't see it like those of us who are. I don't think a week goes by that I don't see boat's being boarded by one of the many agency's with boat's out here. And you know what, they are alway's the nicest guy's you'd want to meet. I've never had anything to hide and it usually end's up with them having a laugh and scooting on their way.

Last edited by Capt.aaron; 11-17-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-17-2012
Crotchety Old Member

tomperanteau is on a distinguished road

We've been confronted a few times in the past few years. Law Enforcement seems to be more aggressive these days.

S/V Footprints

Youtube

1969 Crealock/Columbia 36 Sloop completely refitted in 2000 and new Yanmar in 2006.
Old 11-18-2012

finding41 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to finding41

Can't believe it hasn't been put forth yet. Come on, 5 pages and no....
Water boarding anyone?
Old 11-18-2012

AKscooter is on a distinguished road

That's what I was thinking. We have never been boarded at sea.

You ain't young, you ain't purty, and you ain't a girl.........
Old 11-18-2012
Multiman

mdi is on a distinguished road

Happens around Pensacola and the related Inland Waterways all the time, has been for the last 10 years, well before 9 Eleven

Old 11-18-2012

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdi View Post
Happens around Pensacola and the related Inland Waterways all the time, has been for the last 10 years, well before 9 Eleven
Math ain't your strong suit, huh?
Brewgyver and H3LlIoN like this.

Old 11-18-2012
Multiman

mdi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
Math ain't your strong suit, huh?
Opps!

You right about that one. I remember these boardings around here occurring regularly since at least 1995. It may be related to the large military presence in the area.

Old 11-18-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough

LEO's all profile. They may throw in the random counter-profile boarding, so they aren't accused of it. Think about it, if you are boarded more than average for your area.

For example, you see a rag tag sloop in poor repair at max capacity of teenagers aboard and what do you think are the odds that it has proper safety gear? It may, but the odds are lower than the 100ft flag blue custom sloop with a professional captain at the helm and the missus sitting in the cockpit with a cucumber sparkling water.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.