SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

wood transome plate for a rib

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  jasonr575 
#1 ·
I have a rib from defender. It has a fiberglass transome that is part of the hull. I would like to mount some pvc pipe for rod holders and to support a diver down flag. There are some dinghy davit eye bolts on the inside of the transome. I was going to cut a piese of wood a little smaller than the transome itself, make holes where the eye bolts are and place it in the aft of the boat against the transome and secure it in place with a few pegs through the eye bolts. Then i can screw the pvc to that. Did anybody come up with a better solution? I dont want to drill through the fiberglass for. Fear of making a mistake or having water leak in. I also think it would be a good place to put a pole with a light on top for being out at night. I am looking for other ideas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.