SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Cruising & Liveaboard Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-liveaboard-forum/)
-   -   California to the Virgins (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-liveaboard-forum/96195-california-virgins.html)

SakPase 01-29-2013 04:58 PM

California to the Virgins

My wife, myself and our Australian cattle dog are nearly a quarter of the way into our journey from Channel Islands harbor in Oxnard,CA the Virgin Islands, we have been planning our relocation for almost 2 years and ended up deciding to make an adventure out of it.
Our blog:
3-knots.com
Our track:
here

We are aboard a 28ft Pearson Triton (1961)

Philzy3985 01-29-2013 07:15 PM

Re: California to the Virgins

Hey this is awesome - I just read all of your blog articles. I'm definitely someone who's looking forward to following your trip. I hope you don't mind I placed a link from my own (much less interesting) blog to this one. More for my own personal reference in case I forget the URL.

Curious how you have that hammock rigged up over the bow?

Anyway, good luck with everything, looks like it's been an exciting a trying month and a half so far.

SakPase 01-30-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philzy3985 (Post 982989)
Hey this is awesome - I just read all of your blog articles. I'm definitely someone who's looking forward to following your trip. I hope you don't mind I placed a link from my own (much less interesting) blog to this one. More for my own personal reference in case I forget the URL.

Curious how you have that hammock rigged up over the bow?

Anyway, good luck with everything, looks like it's been an exciting a trying month and a half so far.

Thanks, I am glad you are enjoying it, the hammock is tied to the bow pulpit and supported by a spare halyard, the other end is just tied around the main halyard winch on the mast. It seems to work well, just got to make sure there isn't too much pressure on the pulpit, it's more to keep pull the hammock out than hold it up.

Resolute_ZS 01-30-2013 08:07 PM

Hey - just read through your blog. I love your writing! The blog is nicely laid out, and the pictures really help. I'm looking forward to reading about you three - please post up here when you have updates!

SakPase 01-31-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resolute_ZS (Post 983431)
Hey - just read through your blog. I love your writing! The blog is nicely laid out, and the pictures really help. I'm looking forward to reading about you three - please post up here when you have updates!

Thanks, it means a lot to us. We should be leaving tomorrow and arriving in La Cruz on Sunday, we are hoping that this leg will prove less eventful.

SakPase 02-04-2013 12:29 PM

Just arrived in La Cruz yesterday, it was an easy and warm passage.

SakPase 02-19-2013 03:27 PM

Finally getting some stuff up, been away from the internes for a little while
3-knots.com

SakPase 03-11-2013 02:55 AM

Alright first med moore experience:
3-knots.com
Oaxaca should be up tomorrow followed by Huatulco.
Hopefully in a week we should cross Tehuantepec and make the jump to El Salvador.

chucklesR 03-11-2013 09:03 AM

Good Blog, thanks.

zeehag 03-11-2013 10:31 AM

i have been anchored in zihuatenejo bay since dec 15th -- is a lovely anchorage--much better than la cruz anchorage, which is totally unprotected..perfect weather---i will not like leaving here--- cruising is all about change, as that is our only constant.
i will bypass acapulco and hit anchorages on my way to huatulco/puerto angel...and more south.
as i do not do marinas except in summertime, we may not meet until canal, if you go there...or not, as i am sloooooww....and i anchor.
happy sails.

for those still in la cruz-do not hesitate to anchor in isla grande, walk across the isthsmus and snorkel in the cove that is a reserve --- awesome--so much like caribean coves with brain coral and clear turquoise waters.....