SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Cruising & Liveaboard Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-liveaboard-forum/)
-   -   AWESOME Banana Bread Recipe... (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-liveaboard-forum/98747-awesome-banana-bread-recipe.html)

Cruisingdad 04-22-2013 02:07 PM

AWESOME Banana Bread Recipe...

Mrs. CD has truly perfected her Banana Bread recipe. It is a mixture of many recipes and simply the best I have ever had.

We generally buy a LOT of bananas and do not always make it through them. I suspect many cruisers have exactly the same issue as they are cheap and readily available. This recipe is a great way to use those bananas, have a desert and snack at hand, and even a supplement for breakfast!! What's more, we cook it all from the boat so not too many complicated ingredients. We have had cruisers stopping by for the bread!!

Want the recipe? You got it. However, in order to receive this fine recipe, you must state:

CD IS THE BEST LOOKING AND SMARTEST MALE MODERATOR!

Just quote that here in this thread and I will send you a PM with the recipe. Easy as pie... or banana bread. You won't regret it. Plus, you will get the ire of my fellow moderators. A double positive!!!

Brian

Faster 04-22-2013 02:16 PM

Re: AWESOME Banana Bread Recipe...

.. or, if you REALLY want the best banana bread recipe just get to "Best of Bridge" series of recipe books... then you can get that without stroking CD's ego.....:p

Cruisingdad 04-22-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faster (Post 1019769)
.. or, if you REALLY want the best banana bread recipe just get to "Best of Bridge" series of recipe books... then you can get that without stroking CD's ego.....:p

Ha!!! This is unpublished goodness my friend. I will give it to you too... just press quote and say it... it's ok, everyone knows it anyways!!

Brian

PS I am concerned about one of our chef members getting the recipe, passing it off as their own, making millions on it... (snicker)

chef2sail 04-22-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruisingdad (Post 1019777)
Ha!!! This is unpublished goodness my friend. I will give it to you too... just press quote and say it... it's ok, everyone knows it anyways!!

Brian

PS I am concerned about one of our chef members getting the recipe, passing it off as their own, making millions on it... (snicker)

Yeah that will be the day...........:eek::laugher

chef2sail 04-22-2013 04:10 PM

Difference would be I would just share it with all....my greatness would shine through as soon as they duplicated the recipe and ate the banana bread

The greatest sign of admiration is duplication

No need for a hail Caesar here.:):)

chef2sail 04-22-2013 04:28 PM

Most good chefs don't bake well as we refuse to measure ( which is critical in baking), so we copy others recipes. Here is my Nanas Banana, pecan, Bluberry, Chocolate Bread or Muffin recipe.

Dave's Nana's Homemade Pecan-Blueberry- Chocolate Banana Bread/ Muffins

2 Eggs
2 cups mashed ripe bananas
4 oz. blueberries
4 oz. chocolate chips
2 cups Flour
cup Vegetable Oil
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
teaspoons Salt
2 oz. heavy cream or milk
teaspoons Vanilla
3 ox crushed pecans

Beat together all wet ingredients.

Add sugar and incorporate until dissolved

Mix dry ingredients and then add to mixture till homogenized

Add nuts, blueberries and chocolate at the end

Place in sprayed loaf pan or muffin tin and put in preheated 350 degree oven approximately I hour . until a knife inserted comes out clean.

jimgo 04-22-2013 04:36 PM

Uh oh Chef, it sounds like you've thrown down the gauntlet. Well Brian? Unless the recipe publishes, we can't know whether the claim that the banana bread is true. Heck, for all we know, it could be about as true as the claim that "CD IS THE BEST LOOKING AND SMARTEST MALE MODERATOR!"

There, I met your requirement. :)

Minnewaska 04-22-2013 06:35 PM

Not to let any thread stay on point, if you have left over bananas, you should grill them in their skins. Slice lengthwise and top with either whipped cream, chocolate, cinnamon, brandy or whatever you like or just eat them as is. Bread is for old ladies playing bridge. :)

If you really like banana bread, this is your ticket. I've been known to order a beer for dessert before, but this is the first legit dessert beer. I thought it would be disgusting, but its very good. At least one is.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...iaqZiV1nECm9TA

chef2sail 04-22-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnewaska (Post 1019924)
Not to let any thread stay on point, if you have left over bananas, you should grill them in their skins. Slice lengthwise and top with either whipped cream, chocolate, cinnamon, brandy or whatever you like or just eat them as is. Bread is for old ladies playing bridge. :)

I prefer my grilled bananas to be a little on the green side instead of overripe bananas the consistency of food in an retirement community. In your application I would get plantains as they have a little structure to them and don't have the consistency of baby food.

I one restaurant I used to have we would take the recipe make the bread... cut into 4 inch diameter 1 inch thick circles, soak it a little in brandy and then grill. we would make ice cream sandwiches with the banana bread as the cookie with homemade coconut ice cream.

In another use we would make a tiramisu like cake with the banana bread cut and soaked in dark Meyers rum substituting for the ladyfingers with espresso and mascarpone cheese as the filling.

See Minnie the bread here is just a precursor building block for the next item and can be eaten by real grownups in its reconditioned application not just to be served to old ladies playing bridge or mahjong.

chef2sail 04-22-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnewaska (Post 1019924)

If you really like banana bread, this is your ticket. I've been known to order a beer for dessert before, but this is the first legit dessert beer. I thought it would be disgusting, but its very good. At least one is.

Ill bet that's good. My Nana also had a recipe she imparted to me for dark banana beer date nut bread that makes that stuff out of the can look lame.