SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Kid Boat THread

13K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Nate882004 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread is dedicated to Kid Boats and where they will be so other kid boats can catch up. I thought it might be a good way for everyone to connect with one another. Getting kid boats together is good for parents and the kids - especialy cruisers.

Lets keep this one on target. And any 'creepys' in this thread will find their way quickly out of this forum and probably off of Sailnet. Just a warning!

Brian

#2 ·
Roughly August - October, 2012

We have two boys in St Pete, FL. 8 & 12. WIll be staying in St Pete until roughly October then sailing south to probably Ft Myers Beach for a month or so, then the keys, probably Marathon. SHould be Bahamas around December or January. Welcome any similar cruising kids. We home school.

Brian

#17 ·
Have 2 kids, ages 11 (girl) and 8 (boy). I've had my 22 foot for about 2 years now and haven't really had much success getting the kids interested in the sport. The partner likes sailing, just doesn't have very much experience. I sailed extensively when I was younger but really have been out of the sport since my early 20's, now in my late 40's.
I sail mostly day sailing although the boat is big enough to sleep us for a night or 2. My boat is kept at a marina at the western edge of Lake Huron's North Channel, so, there is ample spots to anchor out of the nasty stuff that Lake Huron can stir up.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what activities can be done to keep them occupied. At their ages they are into iPads, etc.
They say that sailing is too slow and boring but to the partner and I it is peace and tranquility. LOL.
I'm also currently looking to upgrade to a larger boat but only up to a 26 to 28 foot, more or less to get a little bit more room and much needed headroom that the 22 footer doesn't have.
Thanks for any input.

#19 ·
Noting that this thread hasn't been active for a while.......I am happy to give it a bit of a bump.

We have two kids an 8 year old girl and 4 year old boy starting our season in Malta in July and taking in Italy and Greece. Any other kid boats in the Med, let me know!

#20 ·
This thread is dedicated to Kid Boats and where they will be so other kid boats can catch up. I thought it might be a good way for everyone to connect with one another. Getting kid boats together is good for parents and the kids - especialy cruisers.

Lets keep this one on target. And any 'creepys' in this thread will find their way quickly out of this forum and probably off of Sailnet. Just a warning!

Brian
I hope this thread isn't too old yet but I have 2 kids that are pretty much always with me. They are a 4 yo girl, about to turn 5, and a 9 yo boy. We are based in north eastern NC, USA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.