SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Cruising and Sailing with Children (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-sailing-children/)
-   -   Looking for other cruisers with kids (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-sailing-children/97126-looking-other-cruisers-kids.html)

Steve Pike 02-28-2013 08:15 PM

Looking for other cruisers with kids

Hi...

We are new to cruising and are looking for other cruisers with children so our 8yo can meet and play and learn from other cruising kids. We just bought our first sailboat on 1-7-13 and just got to Fernandina, Fl and heading south. We are having a great time and are looking forward to getting further south so we can play on the beach and do more fun things

The crew of:

Sloop-D-Doo

Steve, Trisa & Gabriel

Cruisingdad 03-06-2013 09:51 AM

Re: Looking for other cruisers with kids

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Pike (Post 996641)
Hi...

We are new to cruising and are looking for other cruisers with children so our 8yo can meet and play and learn from other cruising kids. We just bought our first sailboat on 1-7-13 and just got to Fernandina, Fl and heading south. We are having a great time and are looking forward to getting further south so we can play on the beach and do more fun things

The crew of:

Sloop-D-Doo

Steve, Trisa & Gabriel

Steve et all,

We would be happy to catch up with you and your family. I have two boys, 9 and 12 yo. We are in Bradenton, FL now, but sailing south. Will be in Marathon around the end of this month.

PM me or leave a message here.

Brian

PS I am moving this thread to the kids forum where it will get more visibility.

Steve Pike 03-06-2013 11:00 AM

We are in Fernandina Bch right now and will be meeting some friends in Jacksonville on the 11th of April then heading for the Keys. We are on no time table and just enjoying or travels. Are you full time cruisers? We will be so happy to meet you, I hope you will be sticking around there for a while. Bye for now.... keep in touch.

Cruisingdad 03-06-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Pike (Post 999088)
We are in Fernandina Bch right now and will be meeting some friends in Jacksonville on the 11th of April then heading for the Keys. We are on no time table and just enjoying or travels. Are you full time cruisers? We will be so happy to meet you, I hope you will be sticking around there for a while. Bye for now.... keep in touch.

Yes, we are fulltime cruisers. We have to be in Marathon the end of this month to take the FCAT for the kids in APril. Afterwards, we plan to head to the Bahamas. We will be staying at Marathon Marina. It is the first marina you come to right when you enter Marthon on your left.

PM me or reply here and we will stay in touch and get them together. I can also give you some great places and areas to take the kids in Marathon.

Brian

vtsailguy 03-09-2013 03:14 PM

We'll be there in 2014!

Cruisingdad 03-12-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtsailguy (Post 1000489)
We'll be there in 2014!

Look forward to it.

Brian