SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Cruising Videos (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-videos/)
-   -   An interview with cruiser Gary Nicholas (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-videos/84725-interview-cruiser-gary-nicholas.html)

drakeParagon 03-08-2012 12:28 AM

An interview with cruiser Gary Nicholas

Hi everyone,

I just posted a video interview of cruiser Gary Nicholas aboard his Vagabond 42 'Fellowship.' We had just completed a 650 nautical mile offshore *shakedown* sail from North Carolina to Florida. I hope people find the interview interesting and would love to hear what anyone thinks about it.

Thanks!

DrakeParagon

Minnewaska 03-08-2012 05:51 AM

Re: An interview with cruiser Gary Nicholas

Drake,

Seem to be something wrong with the vid. It starts for me, then freeze frames, even though the progress bar keeps moving as if it were playing.

drakeParagon 03-08-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnewaska (Post 841893)
Drake,

Seem to be something wrong with the vid. It starts for me, then freeze frames, even though the progress bar keeps moving as if it were playing.

Hi Minnewaska,

I think I know! This video starts with an interactive menu which lets you navigate the interview questions. It requires Adobe Flash to be installed. You can bypass this flash menu by going to the playlist of questions instead and choosing a question from there. Interviews - YouTube Gary Nicholas' interview starts with "1. How did you find the Vagabond 42?"

Hope this works! Thank you,

DrakeParagon

Les Pendleton 04-18-2012 03:00 PM

Drake, enjoyed your site a lot. Are you based in Oriental?

drakeParagon 04-18-2012 08:00 PM

Hello Les,

Thank you! We're thrilled that people around the world are enjoying our cruising life videos, and we'd love to hear your thoughts or suggestions. We also encourage and appreciate dialogue with our viewers in the comment sections.

Yes, we plan to stay in Oriental for a couple more months or until I can finish filming enough video for an upcoming documentary series about why Oriental is known as "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina." I've been here for the past 2 years and love this town!

Then we hope to sail our Westsail 42 'Paragon' to Boston, filming everything on the way. We plan to visit NYC, Newport, Block Island, Martha's Vineyard, and Provincetown. I plan to spend all Winter in Boston editing all the footage. Then in the Spring it's onward to Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Iceland and Ireland!

Fair winds, calm seas, happy sailing, and thanks for watching! :)

Drake and Monique
s/v 'Paragon' (Westsail 42)
drakeParagon - YouTube

Les Pendleton 04-18-2012 08:19 PM

Drake/Monique,

I have watched literally every sailing video on Youtube that I could find. Many are so badly filmed I get seasick watching them...and I don't get seasick. Yours are by far the most entertaining and best filmed I've seen. Congratulations on your work and your site.

My wife, Susanne and I live and sail out of Fairfield Harbor and generally visit Oriental once or twice a month...mainly to go to the Marine Consignment store. I'll look you up and buy you both a beer the next time we're there. I have an idea for you to consider filming that you may be interested in. Either way, the drinks on me.

Les Pendleton
New Bern

drakeParagon 04-18-2012 08:56 PM

Hello Les,

Thank you so much. I would be very interested in hearing your idea! Please let us know when you'd like to meet in Oriental.

I'm making a documentary about the Marine Consignment of Oriental too, including an interview with the owners Mark and Dorissa.

Thanks, Happy Sailing,

Drake and Monique
s/v 'Paragon' (Westsail 42)
email: DrakeParagon@gmail.com
drakeParagon - YouTube

drakeParagon 07-16-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FidelStokes (Post 896756)
Seem to be something wrong with the vid.

Hi FidelStokes,

This video starts with an interactive menu which lets you navigate the interview questions. It requires Adobe Flash to be installed in your browser, and that you have the Youtube annotation feature turned on.

You can bypass this menu by instead going to the "Interviews" playlist and choosing any of the question links from there.

Interviews - YouTube

Hope this works! Happy sailing,

DrakeParagon