SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Cruising Videos (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-videos/)
-   -   Swan 48 Bella Luna tour and sailing adventure series (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-videos/86972-swan-48-bella-luna-tour-sailing-adventure-series.html)

drakeParagon 05-03-2012 08:55 AM

Swan 48 Bella Luna tour and sailing adventure series

Hi everyone,

I recently spent 2 weeks crewing aboard a Swan 48 named 'Bella Luna' on a 1,500 nautical mile offshore delivery from Savannah, Georgia to Saint Martin. I made an in depth video tour of this Swan 48's deck and interior, and of our sailing adventure for your enjoyment!

I would love to hear what anyone thinks of them, and would especially appreciate any suggestions on how I can improve on this kind of video for future episodes. I publish a new episode every Thursday..

Thanks! Happy sailing, Drake
DrakeParagon@gmail.com

UPHILL 05-03-2012 08:30 PM

Re: Swan 48 Bella Luna tour and sailing adventure series

Love the Drake.

I like your style, it is real. Keep it that way.

That is all I got.

Thank you from land locked Idaho.

itsaboat 05-03-2012 08:55 PM

Swan 48 Bella Luna tour and sailing adventure series

Drake, can you post a link? Sigs don't show on the iPhone app.

drakeParagon 05-03-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsaboat (Post 866956)
Drake, can you post a link? Sigs don't show on the iPhone app.

Hi itsaboat,
I think you can just go to youtube and then search for my channel called 'DrakeParagon.' Or even just google search for 'DrakeParagon' and my channel should be the first in the list. Please let me know if you can't get to the video. Thanks!
Happy sailing,
drakeParagon - YouTube
DrakeParagon@gmail.com

jackdale 05-03-2012 09:16 PM

Hey Drake

The Swans are some of my favourite boats. They have sweet lines. I have sailed one in San Francisco; I am envious.

Those deck mounted block and the winches under the dodger are likely part of the spinnaker set up. I expect that at 48' she has a dip pole set up requiring lots of lines.

Jack

LakePirate 05-04-2012 08:04 AM

Very nice boat and video. I hope you are going to post the below and a in transit video soon.

drakeParagon 05-04-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakePirate (Post 867084)
Very nice boat and video. I hope you are going to post the below and a in transit video soon.

Hi LakePirate, Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the tour. I try to post new videos every Thursday, and the Bella Luna cabin tour is up next. Happy sailing,
Drake
drakeParagon - YouTube
drakeparagon@gmail.com

jackdale 05-07-2012 10:19 PM

Hey Drake

You showed a try sail track, but this video does not show any use of it.

Any idea why?

drakeParagon 05-08-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackdale (Post 868500)
Hey Drake

You showed a try sail track, but this video does not show any use of it.

Bella Luna, NARC '11 - YouTube

Any idea why?

Hi Jackdale,

Very Interesting. Looking at his video again it appears that all he had up was the orange storm jib... Maybe that's all he needed under those conditions?

I really don't know.. Maybe he didn't have the trysail itself aboard, or maybe they were too busy with other stuff to get the trysail out... Maybe the weather got so bad before they realized that they might prefer to use it..

When I crewed on Bella Luna from Georgia to Saint Martin we didn't have a trysail on deck ready to deploy, and don't remember seeing one onboard..

You might ask captain AJ on his youtube channel, and/or I will ask him when I next speak with him..

Thanks! Happy sailing,

DrakeParagon
drakeParagon - YouTube

smackdaddy 05-08-2012 12:41 PM

Great video Drake. You do a really good job on these tours; pointing everything out, looking inside all the compartments, etc.

Love it!