SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Cruising Videos (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-videos/)
-   -   Exploring Saint Martin - Where the cruisers go... (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-videos/90467-exploring-saint-martin-where-cruisers-go.html)

drakeParagon 08-03-2012 02:16 PM

Exploring Saint Martin - Where the cruisers go...
 
Hi guys,

The 2 marine chandleries in Saint Martin are the biggest I've ever seen! If you'd like to take a peek...

video: Exploring Saint Martin - Where the cruisers go...

"While Mo sits at the Lagoonies bistro and studies for her SCUBA diving class, Drake visits the two marine chandleries, Island Water World and Budget Marine."


I always really appreciate hearing what anyone thinks of these videos to help me improve on future ones..

Thanks and Happy sailing,

Drake

ParadiseParrot 08-03-2012 02:56 PM

Re: Exploring Saint Martin - Where the cruisers go...
 
Another great video......Keep it up.

craigtoo 08-03-2012 04:00 PM

Re: Exploring Saint Martin - Where the cruisers go...
 
Great Video Thanks!

brokesailor 08-04-2012 07:46 AM

Re: Exploring Saint Martin - Where the cruisers go...
 
You didn't include Jimbos at Simpson Bay Marina. Another big cruiser hangout. More video of babes in bikinis would be nice!

brokesailor 08-04-2012 07:47 AM

Re: Exploring Saint Martin - Where the cruisers go...
 
Oh and Zee Best-Thee best breakfast in St. Martin!

drakeParagon 08-09-2012 11:28 AM

Re: Exploring Saint Martin - Where the cruisers go...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by brokesailor (Post 905330)
Oh and Zee Best-Thee best breakfast in St. Martin!

We did have breakfast at that very nice outdoor seating breakfast restaurant. I remember there was a chicken walking around among the tables looking for scraps.

drakeParagon 08-09-2012 11:29 AM

Re: Exploring Saint Martin - Where the cruisers go...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by brokesailor (Post 905329)
You didn't include Jimbos at Simpson Bay Marina. Another big cruiser hangout. More video of babes in bikinis would be nice!


We didn't get to check out Jimbo's.. next time.. :)

Zanshin 08-10-2012 06:36 AM

Re: Exploring Saint Martin - Where the cruisers go...
 
I missed my (and other cruiser's) hangout at Barnacle's - home of the best ribs I've ever had! It is at the site of the old Shrimpy's. You can tell that it is a real cruiser's hangout as the place is packed at happy and once that bell goes off the majority of the crowd melts away into their dinghies and disappears into the lagoon :)

Thanks for the video!

jjablonowski 08-10-2012 10:22 AM

Re: Exploring Saint Martin - Where the cruisers go...
 
Get a foam cover for your microphone. Kills the wind noise.

drakeParagon 08-10-2012 11:23 AM

Re: Exploring Saint Martin - Where the cruisers go...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanshin (Post 907706)
I missed my (and other cruiser's) hangout at Barnacle's - home of the best ribs I've ever had! It is at the site of the old Shrimpy's. You can tell that it is a real cruiser's hangout as the place is packed at happy and once that bell goes off the majority of the crowd melts away into their dinghies and disappears into the lagoon :)

Thanks for the video!

Barnacle's is a pretty cool cruiser's hangout! That's where Mo and I interviewed Astrid and Bjorn from s/v Buena Vista. We had just finished a full day of SCUBA diving and then took the dinghy to Barnacles for a few beers before the interview.



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
(c) Marine.com LLC 2000-2012