Re: Preview - Paragon's North Atlantic Adventure

Is Mo your girlfriend/wife or the Cat?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2013

drakeParagon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Okay - I'm a new Brad Sucks fan. Freakin' awesome music! At first I thought it was Beck. How do you find these guys?
Hi Smackdaddy, I really like Brad Sucks music. I'm amazed that he makes all of his music available for free and allows anyone to do anything with his music without having to worry about copyright issues. I hope to use more of his music in the future, and think it would be awesome to see him perform live.

Mo and I have spent countless days searching the internet for music. In most cases we have to purchase a license agreement which grants us permission to use the song in our videos. And in others we can use the music for free as long as we credit the artist. We think that music can make all the difference in the world in telling a good story.
smackdaddy likes this.
Old 05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokesailor View Post
Is Mo your girlfriend/wife or the Cat?
Hi brokesailor, Monique is my girlfriend.

My cat's name was Aebi - I named her after Tanya Aebi, and also after the Abacos where I adopted her at just a few weeks old. A week later I sailed single handed from Marsh Harbor, Abacos direct to Newport aboard my Westsail 32 in 9 days - Aebi got her sea legs when she was just a kitten, and over her 4 years of life she never knew that cats don't normally live on boats and spend their lives sailing offshore and exploring Caribbean islands. That cat and I sailed sailed between New England and the Caribbean a few times, with 2 northbound pit stops in Bermuda. After having sailed for thousands of miles, Aebi disappeared one dark and stormy night while we were at anchor in Guadeloupe. I'm guessing that the strong current carried her out to sea. I searched every day for weeks. Then I buried some of her favorite cat toys and treats at the base of a tree that she liked to climb and sailed on to Venezuela.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview - Paragon's North Atlantic Adventure-aebi1.jpg   Preview - Paragon's North Atlantic Adventure-aebi2.jpg   Preview - Paragon's North Atlantic Adventure-aebi3.jpg   Preview - Paragon's North Atlantic Adventure-aebi4b.jpg  
awahl likes this.
Old 05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJim View Post
Very nice Drake, keep em coming. would love to hear more of the dialog along the trips but the music is great
Thank you! When we get to Ireland in September I'll start editing the thousands of hours of footage into episodes, 10-15 minutes each, and each with all of the dialogue in addition to music. We'll start publishing weekly episodes in January 2014. Until then I'm enjoying briefly reviewing the footage and putting some of my favorite parts to music in the 'sneak peeks.' - I think our next sneak peek will be a quick flying through of our footage taken over 2 months of voyaging. We sailed from Atlantic City to New York to Rhode Island (anchoring in NY at West 79th Street Boat Basin, in front of the Statue of Liberty, next to City Island, in Manhasset harbor, in Mount Sinai Harbor, and in Block Island and Newport, RI where we are now.) Tomorrow we are pushing off for Boston.. I'll probably end the next sneak peek with footage of picking up our crew Eanna at Logan airport in a couple of weeks. Thanks for sailing with us!
Old 05-10-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakeParagon View Post
.....Tomorrow we are pushing off for Boston.....
Damn. Sorry we'll miss you Drake. Hope you enjoyed the stomping grounds. Safe passage. Looking forward to the flicks.
drakeParagon likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 05-12-2013
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough

Sorry I messed you. We're in Manhasset/Port Washington, on the hard.

Enjoy!

Regards,
Brad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .

. .
. .
. .
. .
Old 08-28-2013

A timelapse video tour of Prins Christian Sund, Greenland, taken from aboard sailing vessel 'Paragon' (Westsail 42)
Old 08-28-2013

A aerial tour of the fishing town of Paamiut, Greenland (population 1300), our first port in Greenland after sailing there from St. John's, Newfoundland. We used a remote controlled drone quadcopter with a GoPro Hero 3 camera attached. You can see our Westsail 42 sailboat 'Paragon' rafted up to the derelict minke whale hunting boat.
smackdaddy likes this.
Old 08-28-2013

Tempest is on a distinguished road

Great Footage Drake.. Fair winds..
Old 08-28-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Drake, I was just thinking about you and Mo a couple of days ago - wondering how you guys were doing.

Big-ass ice cubes and aerial drones?!?!?!?! Wow!!!

Absolutely awesome videos. I can't wait for more.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 08-28-2013 at 10:13 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to smackdaddy For This Useful Post:
drakeParagon (08-28-2013)

Tags
living on a sailboat , oriental north carolina , sailing around the world , sailing vessel paragon , westsail 42 paragon