Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > CS Yachts
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2013

chamonix is on a distinguished road
Re: Air vent for water tank on cs30

sorry Oaksail, Haven't checked this thread for a while. I'll check on all you say next time I'm at the boat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 10-22-2013
no longer reading SailNet

Alex W is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrafford View Post
The hand pump is not the vent. The vent at the sink is a metal tube. They also in the last couple years of production have a deck fill that the vent is in the side of the threaded fill pipe.
Is that deck fill available aftermarket?

My Pearson has the vent going to the forepeak. That works okay until you try to get every last drop of water into the water tank, then the vent overflows and makes a puddle under the V-berth. This deck fill sounds like it would solve my problem gracefully.

I do see a Perko combination unit meant for gas, but not one meant for water.

thanks,
alex
Old 10-15-2014
al brazzi

albrazzi is on a distinguished road

This thread has already answered two questions for me, but I am curious about the Anti-siphon line from the thermostat, there looks like there was a traditional vented loop (now removed) on the rear outside if the engine compartment. The hose is looped in that area presumably where the Vented loop was at one time. Were different methods employed when new. The Volvo manual doesn't mention the line to the thermostat. Any thoughts ?

I also spotted the water tank vent on my Boat and would like to come up with a better solution plus this could introduce water into an already too small bilge.
I'm shooting for dry under the floor boards but that might prove to be difficult.
Old 10-15-2014

Oaksail is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by albrazzi View Post
This thread has already answered two questions for me, but I am curious about the Anti-siphon line from the thermostat, there looks like there was a traditional vented loop (now removed) on the rear outside if the engine compartment. The hose is looped in that area presumably where the Vented loop was at one time. Were different methods employed when new. The Volvo manual doesn't mention the line to the thermostat. Any thoughts ?

I also spotted the water tank vent on my Boat and would like to come up with a better solution plus this could introduce water into an already too small bilge.
I'm shooting for dry under the floor boards but that might prove to be difficult.
The small hose off the top of the thermostat housing is routed to a vent on the port side of the hull just below the toerail just forward of the genoa winch.
Old 10-15-2014
al brazzi

Yea, the PO told me it was to tell the Thermostat is open, so its both that and the equivalent of the vented loop. Was there ever a loop on the rear engine cover outside in the quarter berth ??, my cooling hose goes from the seacock to the trans (as a cooler I guess) then to the water pump. I can clean that area up if what I have is an acceptable way to do the vented loop.

I see you have a CS30 as well, how is your head vented??, mine has what looks original from manufacture a loop in between the seacock and the pump suction which is by all practice the wrong place, and instead of a vent (that wouldn't work anyway) there is a bleed screw that stays closed, you cant even get to it without removing the cabinet behind the head.

Thanks for your help..AL

PS, I have owned this boat for about three weeks, not new to Sailing but to this Boat anyway.
Old 10-15-2014

pdqaltair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by albrazzi View Post
... I also spotted the water tank vent on my Boat and would like to come up with a better solution plus this could introduce water into an already too small bilge.
a. I saw a guy sink his boat with in interior vent; he left the hose running and got distracted. It was a small boat. Still, it seems like poor design. Running it into the sink obviously solves that.

b. Is there a screen in the vent hose? Anything to keep bugs from crawling into the tank? This is required (16 mesh) by the plumbing code for water storage tanks.

"Well, I just climb up to them."

by Joe Brown, English rock climber

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-15-2014
al brazzi

No screen, will come up with a plan for the whole system as I prioritize, I noticed it while working on the head plumbing and didn't know what it was at the time.

I just picked up my Boat in Deale at Herrington North, Beautiful place.
CS30 "Cashed Out" on the hard for a while but everything is coming to life well thanks to the care of her PO.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.