Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > CS Yachts
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2014
Sailor Jack

JackJesjr is on a distinguished road
CS 30 cradle support

First winter with a new to me CS. 30 Had a great sailing summer and would now would like to put my new floating friend in its cradle properly.
The cradle is being trucked to my marina and set up. In the manual, CS made it a point to indicate that 60% of the weight while on the hard should be on the keel, not more than 40% on the support pads. How does one determine-or come close?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 10-21-2014
al brazzi

albrazzi is on a distinguished road
Re: CS 30 cradle support

The yard guys will rest it on the keel with blocks and then take some strain with the pads, just by feel. That's a good question to ask them before setting and see what kind of answer you get. I'm sure there are stories about not getting it right but I've never heard one. We had to put a little extra on a Columbia keel to pull in the bolts one time then went up with the jacks, no issues with that.

BTW I have a (new) CS30 a month old for me, I might have some setup questions if you don't mind.

AL
Old 10-21-2014
Sailor Jack

JackJesjr is on a distinguished road

Sure. I'd love to compare notes. I've taken the boat to the States and there's a great guy with a CS 30 who is helpful, but I'm kind of on an island. This CS is a 1988 and was well thought through by the previous owner. I've owned since July.
Old 10-21-2014
al brazzi

albrazzi is on a distinguished road

Good Thanks, as I whittle away at the needed and list the wanted, I'm most curious on how the Factory set up the vented loops on the head and the engine. My head loop is on the wrong side of the pump (between the thru-hull and the pump) and has what appears to be a bleed screw instead of the usual check valve (which wouldn't work anyway) how is yours setup? And the engine is vented by a hose coming off the thermostat to a hull vent up high on port. There looks to have been a loop mounted on the back of the engine compartment in the quarter-berth but it is now removed, it too would be in the wrong place between the thru-hull and the water pump.

Honestly I have moved the Boat 130 miles to Home, done countless maintenance items and one weekend overnighter in less than a month as well as some pretty good heavy wind sailing and this Boat is FAST, I need to be careful not to put too much sail up which is tough since the reef lines are not even rigged.

Thanks for any help...AL

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.