SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Let's see some CS Yachts

64K views 117 replies 42 participants last post by  JRCann 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

Sailnet just added this forum a few minutes ago and I figure a good way to get to know everyone is by their boats.

So if you have a photo of your CS please add it to this thread!

This is our CS-36T:

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Cool!

Glad you got my email & thanks for joining! if your not familiar with Sainet it's an amazing group of sailors with thousands of years of combined knowledge!!

I do think this will be a much better vehicle for CS owners moving forward and can't wait to see some photos custom projects!!

P.S. Just a quick note to new members of Sailnet. You will need a total of ten posts before you will be allowed to post photos or links so let's get those burning CS Yachts questions going so that we may see some photos.

If you "direct linked" here there are plenty more "general" sailing forums within Sailnet CLICK HERE to view them:

#6 ·
I bought my Merlin in 88. That was the second year they built Merlins and the last year they built what is now called the CS36 Traditional. I was going to buy the 36T because it has a bit of shear and frankly looks prettier but was talked out of it by the salesman who told me that the Merlin would hold its value better. He was right. My first boat was a CS30 another Castro design. The Merlin is much brighter down below, the layout is similar but with a full aft cabin versus the little quarter berth in the 36T. The divider forward of the chart table makes the T less open and darker inside. The head is aft of the v berth with hanging locker opposite. Very nice galley aft portside. Two totally different in design and construction but both excellent boats!!

#14 ·
Sorry for the dock pic, but it will be awhile in Michigan before I can get an action photo...

Great idea for this forum, by the way. I've been cruising Sailnet for a couple of years, and tried to find information on CS before I bought this boat last summer, but there was not very good representation from CS owners. Just bought Tenacity in August, and am spending the winter upgrading and learning about the boat. Keep up the postings.

Attachments

#15 ·
CS34 "Solutions" aka "Rode Trip"

I have to say that the photo of Cupecoy at the start of this thread is a terrific shot. Great looking boat!

Mine is a 1991 CS 34 from Lake St Claire. Now on Long Island Sound in Milford, CT. Have not sailed it much in the last year I've had it but hopefully this year!

Also hoping to rename it "Rode Trip" if I can ever get the painted-on name off.

--Kevin

Attachments

#16 ·
Saw this boat last weekend..

Last weekend we were in Florida and went out on the ICW for the afternoon and spotted this CS-36T which happens to be for sale.

I spoke with the owner for a few minutes and moved on but I did not catch his name. He said they had been out cruising and living aboard for many years!

#20 ·
Proflyer - you need to have made 10 posts before you can post a picture

#25 · (Edited)
That picture ..

That photo was hosted elsewhere so all you needed to do was click on the little yellow box with the "mountain" and paste your photos address. You can't paste it directly to the body of the message and be successful so you must use the yellow mountain icon.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg123/johnamy38/smugglers1.jpg (this is copy and pasting into the message body)

This is the same address pasted using the yellow mountain icon. (As always don't forget to remove the "http://" part of the address already there when you click the mountain before pasting your address)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.