SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Yacht Specialties Pedestal Upgrade

10K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Maine Sail 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I wanted to share some photos of the pedestal / instrument upgrades I did to our CS-36T.

To make this pedestal platform I used 3/4 inch thick Starboard and traced the pedestal guards top plate onto it to transfer the holes and such. To make sure it was water tight around the shifter plate i used 1/2" wide by 1/8" inch thick butyl tape which is available at most any glass shop.

We really like the cockpit mounted main sheet and therefore could not use one of those fancy "offset" pedestal guards because it would have interfered with the main sheet. After a seasons use we have had no problems with this set up and being about two inches narrower than the wheel it is easily navigated around when moving about the cockpit

Once I had the mounting holes drilled to match the original top plate I then chose a table shape and cut it out. I used matching Navpods on port and starboard to house my Garmin 182C, my Raymarine S1 Autopilot and my depth sounder.

To add a little extra support to the table I simply used 1" dodger tubing and fittings. You can see the support struts in this picture:

Total project time for this took under three hours and is about a level 4 on a 1 to 10 scale! The total cost involved were the two Navpods and about $25.00 in Starboard material. One thing we really like is the fact that it does not obscure visibility and one can turn the Navpods so when you're sitting on the rail yuo can still see the displays...

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.