SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

CS34 engine hour meter install?

7K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  alexco38 
#1 ·
My CS34 does not have an engine hour meter, and I think, but am not certain, that most others did not come with one either. I tried hooking one up to the ignition in the cockpit and it worked, but, on my 34 there is another ignition switch down below in the aft cabin. Unless the one down below is turned off, the meter keeps running. So, how to install the meter at the Nav station and have it shut off when the ignition is shut off in the cockpit without having to go down and turn off the second switch. Anyone done this already?

#4 ·
This was another explanation and solution to my problem:

"Sound to me like you need to attach the positive to the ground outlet of
the ignition switch and the negative to the existing ground wire--put it in
series with the ground outlet. The problem is that you've got juice to the
positive terminal on the ignition switch all the time when the dc power switch is on,, and you only want the meter on when the current has gone through the ignition switch as is coming out the other end."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.