SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   CT (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/ct/)
-   -   CT 47 center cockpit, tall main mast, need line drawings (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/ct/83605-ct-47-center-cockpit-tall-main-mast-need-line-drawings.html)

dbraymer 02-07-2012 08:48 PM

CT 47 center cockpit, tall main mast, need line drawings

I cant seem to find the exact line drawings for what i bought. (your condemnations gratefully filed and discarded for me not knowing what i was buying)

I have a CT47 center cockpit ketch cutter. the main mast was taller than that one the CT 47 sloop that i was next to for a day in Port Aransas. the mizzen mast is quite short, and about center on the aft house. the thing sails like neither a ketch or a yawl, the mizzen just adds 1/2 a knot, and does not affect trim much. the deck is foam cored, the vessel goes like heck, even overpowered at times in SoCal, with 12K in ballast out of maybe 26k displacement. Downwind she might freaking fly, new spinnaker ready for the Ensenada race..

can anyone help me find the correct line drawings? This is a kaufmann and ladd design, 46 foot 11 inches of fiberglass, Sheel keel on what appears to be a C&C hull blank - she sports the C&C sheerline markers...

Faster 02-07-2012 09:52 PM

Presume you've seen this?

CT-47 sailboat on sailboatdata.com

Not the ketch version.. can't find a drawing of that one, but is the hull the same?

Interesting that she would sport the C&C sheer line - are they painted on or molded into the hull?? I've never seen those on a non-C&C designed boat. I can't find a listing of a C&C design like that either.

fclouston 09-08-2012 05:31 AM

Re: CT 47 center cockpit, tall main mast, need line drawings

dbramer,

You're in luck.

I own a 1987 Kaufman & Ladd -designed CT-49 (Mikado III, presently berthing on Lake Champlain, NY) and I have a copy of the CT-47's original line drawings. As far as I can tell, the CT-49 is just the CT-47 with a traditional transom, thus the 2 feet extra at the stern.

I'm presently at work in West Africa but I'll upload a scan of the drawings when I get back home in a couple of weeks.

Francis Clouston
Mikado III
Ta Chiao CT-49 Ketch

jk7 09-23-2012 10:36 PM

I , too, would like to see the drawing of the ct center cockpit, ketch , as it is a special boat. I am looking at a 1981 , and it is very well laided out. Thanks

fclouston 07-16-2013 09:56 AM

dbraymer,

I finally scanned those line drawings you asked for. I've uploaded them in the photo gallery along a nice shot of Mikado III lying at anchor on Lake Champlain.

Sorry if they are not scantlings (if that's what you were looking for). I don't have those.

I know it's been nearly a year since our last exchange but, hey, I'm a geologist and I'm used to think in terms of eons ;)

Francis

bobperry 02-01-2014 10:12 AM

Try contacting Mike Kaufman in Annapolis. He should have drawings. Robb Ladd has been ill.