Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2014

guitarguy56 is on a distinguished road
Newport Beach, CA marina

Looking for others living in this marina or experiences they have. I am currently now in Huntington Beach and looking to put a boat in Newport Beach marina... very pricey slip fees but keeps out the derilect boats and such. Beautiful area for sailing and living but quite expensive in terms of real estate.

Slip fees managable if under 40 ft, lots of amnenities, and facilities for the liveaboard.

Last edited by guitarguy56; 09-04-2014 at 02:42 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 09-04-2014
Old as Dirt!

svHyLyte is on a distinguished road
Re: Newport Beach, CA marina

Counter .
"It is not so much for its beauty that the sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
Old 09-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by svHyLyte View Post
Counter .
Yeah... should have looked at the post after I edited it. Apologize...
Old 09-04-2014
Old as Dirt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy56 View Post
Yeah... should have looked at the post after I edited it. Apologize...
Ah... I thought you were simply making a Point (".") and in the tradition of the forum of late, I thought it necessary to offer a "Counter Point" ("<> .")
"It is not so much for its beauty that the sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
Old 09-04-2014

So you have nothing to to the discussion of the marina I take? Why waste your keyboard strokes?
Old 09-04-2014
Old as Dirt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy56 View Post
So you have nothing to to the discussion of the marina I take? Why waste your keyboard strokes?
Ah... Be grateful old son. Absent my "wasted keystrokes", your typographical error would have condemned you post to terminal obscurity. Moreover, I thought my "witty" response rather better than a simple "Bump" to awaken you to, what I (correctly) assumed was, an editing error on your part which you subsequently corrected before complaining about my response which, now, with your editing, makes my comment unintelligible although you "got it".

Further to your ungrateful redirect, you have already enunciated the pro's/con's of a Newport Harbor mooring, save perhaps, for the fact that by taking a mooring there you may find yourself the unwitting host of a Sea Lion family reunion/lay-over and in serious difficulty if you seek to prevent/interrupt same with the judicious, or otherwise, application of a blast from your signal horn/CO2 fire extinguisher/anchor wash-down pump or whatever other non-lethal yet offensive devices you may have at your disposal.

Be that all as it may, here Homer nods....

Last edited by svHyLyte; 09-04-2014 at 10:03 PM. Reason: correct typo; add addendum

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.