Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2011

maxivalt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Well, I did not knew that

The country is ranking 70 and that is pretty bad:
Corruption by country. Definition, graph and map.

On this site you have some Croats explaining it:

Visit Croatia - Politicians

maxivalt are you a Croate?

I wonder about the number of negative answers I got from dozens of marinas about an annual contract has something to do with it? I mean prices are fixed but If I pay higher will I have a place? I noticed that they are very slow to give answers and the answers are not always very clear...Humm!!
Articles (links) you publish are 6 years old (year 2005)
Here is 2010 corruption index:
Corruption index 2010 from Transparency International: find out how each country compares | News | guardian.co.uk
If we compare it with 2005 corruption index:
we can conclude that corruption in Croatia is decreasing and, also,
we can conclude that corruption in United States are growing (2005 ranked 17, in 2010 ranked 22).
so, do NOT go sailing in United States becouse corruption there is growing

How nonsensical conclusion..isn't it?

Yes...I'm Croatian.
Can you tell me to which Croatian marinas did you send requests?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxivalt View Post
Articles (links) you publish are 6 years old (year 2005)
Here is 2010 corruption index:
Corruption index 2010 from Transparency International: find out how each country compares | News | guardian.co.uk
If we compare it with 2005 corruption index:
we can conclude that corruption in Croatia is decreasing and, also,
we can conclude that corruption in United States are growing (2005 ranked 17, in 2010 ranked 22).
so, do NOT go sailing in United States becouse corruption there is growing

How nonsensical conclusion..isn't it?

Yes...I'm Croatian.
Can you tell me to which Croatian marinas did you send requests?
It makes no sense to compare the US index on corruption with the Croatian one. On those tables countries are classified from 10 (no corruption) to 0 (absolute corruption.

US had scored in 2005-7.6 in 2008 7.3 in 2009 7.5 in 2010 7.1. It is normal some yearly divergence but the country had scored well, always above 7 and the variation is not significant.

Croatia had scored 3.4 in 2005, 4.4 in 2008, 4.1 in 2009, 4.1 in 2010. It scored around 4 and if we cannot say that the corruption is increasing we can say that the figures are pretty bad and that don't show a significant improvement.

Regarding Croatia, I have liked the country and its population to the point as to chose the place to live some months in a year, and I have said that I have not noticed corruption, but then I was not in a situation where I could have noticed it. Regarding you being a Croat I think that given the nature of your posts you should have said that in first place. Nobody is "neutral" about its own country and that's only natural .

I have contacted about 12 big marinas and some have taken 8 days for giving an answer. I find it odd. A big marina has a permanent staff and they should now pretty well if they have annual places available or not. And then this is not the only "odd" thing: For instance the Dubrovick marina (an ACI marina and that means they have different prices but the same rules for all, rules that are available in their site) when I have asked for a place 6 month in the water and 6 month out of the water offered me an annual place with the boat out of water because they had no available places in the water. Ok, than I have asked for a winter 6 month place for the boat out of the water, one modality that is contemplated in the ACI marinas papers and documents:

Dubrovnik Marina price list - Storage on land: Note: semi-annual (winter season) contract can be concluded in the period from October till April.

All ACI marinas opened all year round that offer the possibilities of storage on land according to availability in the period from October 1st till April 30th offer storage on land for 6 months. The Contract for period of 6 months can be concluded starting from October 1st with the expiration deadline on April 30th. Upon request this type of Contract can be concluded after October 31st but the expiration deadline remains April 30th.
The price of semi-annual (winter season) storage on land is half the cost of annual storage on land in each ACI marina increased by 10%.

Adriatic Croatia International Club // aci-club.hr

Well, after all they don't have it . So they have an year long annual place on land but don't have one just for the winter? Since in the summer is the time where there are more land berths available (they are even less expensive) It seems obviously to me that if they have one for all year they will have one for the winter. It seems also clear to me that they don't want to rent that place by the price they advertise on the ACI site. That means they don't go by the book, that they have the place and that this is a question of money. So I have to pay more than what they have on the papers. How much more, to whom?

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 03-22-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old 03-23-2011

Croacia

Today I was read one of capt'n fatty stories and find out that he can't differentiate between gredee and corrupted.
Fatty Goodlander, S/V Wild Card - Corruption & Bribery in the Suez Canal
so...in the future I'll not taking his opinion so serious
I don't think that money can solve your problem....find berth in Dubrovnik is imposible...
What about marinas in north Dalmatia?...to far from central mediterranean or?
:::: MARINA HRAMINA ::::
Marina Tribunj
Also, what about montenegro port?
It's 32 miles from Dubrovnik
More expensive than in Croatia can't be
Don't ask me about coruption there because I don't have any idea
http://www.portomontenegro.com/pdf/vision.pdf
Old 03-29-2011

Tnd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Also, what about montenegro port?
It's 32 miles from Dubrovnik
More expensive than in Croatia can't be
Don't ask me about coruption there because I don't have any idea
http://www.portomontenegro.com/pdf/vision.pdf
It's not much cheaper too. Prices are from 30-35euro per day for small boats. But that is lowest price that you can get. At least, it was like that last year. In Croatia is not much more expensive, you can find berth from 40Euro.
Old 03-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnd View Post
It's not much cheaper too. Prices are from 30-35euro per day for small boats. But that is lowest price that you can get. At least, it was like that last year. In Croatia is not much more expensive, you can find berth from 40Euro.
Yes I have checked for a 41ft boat it will cost about 5000€ a year but the boat would have to be all the time in the water. They don't offer winter on land, summer on the water, they don't have the space for the land berths. That's about the same that most big marinas in Croatia, perhaps slightly less.

Regards

Paulo
Old 03-29-2011

Quote:
What about marinas in north Dalmatia?...to far from central mediterranean or?
:::: MARINA HRAMINA ::::
Marina Tribunj
Thanks,I had already tried those two. They say they don't have annual places .

I guess that with so many little arbors and so many sheltered places it will be possible to find a less expensive berth but probably those places don't have internet sites and should be really hard to find

I have find already some places with berths, but they are not what I call at a good price

Regarding prices in Corsica and Sardinia they are about the same but I could find a shipyard on Sardinia where I could let my 36ft boat for 2500€/year (secured) and this seems quite impossible to get in Croatia.

Regards

Paulo
Old 04-01-2011

Croacia

2500 euros all year berth...sound so gooood...anyway...if you need any information about some Croatian port (marina)...I don't have any problem to call them and, speaking Croatian, find more relevant information.
Just send a questions and port name of your interest.
Right now i'm living in Marbella..so if you, also, need some information about berth in Marbella or Puerto Banus..here I'am
Old 04-01-2011

spa667 is on a distinguished road
Hey, ive been to croatia last summer.it was amazing and in comparison to US its relatively cheap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-01-2011

Quote:
2500 euros all year berth...sound so gooood...anyway...if you need any information about some Croatian port (marina)...I don't have any problem to call them and, speaking Croatian, find more relevant information.
Just send a questions and port name of your interest.
Right now i'm living in Marbella..so if you, also, need some information about berth in Marbella or Puerto Banus..here I'am
Thanks for your offer . They speak English, at least the big ones. I am very close to finish a deal. When I do I tell you where

I know Porto Bonus, that is a very expensive marina and not a very nice one in what regards sailboats, Just huge luxury power boats. Do you know that in a luxury marina like that, with shops from Gucci, Versace, Dior, Coco Chanel, Louis Vuitton and lots of Ferraris on the streets they have disgusting toilets and baths? It seems that the guys on the big motor boats don't use then and they don't care

I had been there once when I was going to the Ballearic Islands duo sailing the boat, me and my daughter. He made it non stop from the west coast of Portugal and where both in need of a good meal and that was the only marina that had places. Bad choice, the marina was very expensive and the price of a meal on a nearby restaurant was just incredible and the quality lousy. I love Spain, but that is a place to avoid

Regards

Paulo

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.