SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Destinations (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/destinations/)
-   -   Nude Communities (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/destinations/85285-nude-communities.html)

whorne 03-22-2012 04:11 AM

Nude Communities

I used to be shy about being seen naked because I thought I might get an accidental woody and my equipment 'aint that huge. Now, I'm almost 62 and I'm not shy anymore. I think it would be nice to be able to take off my clothes in public. And, I'm to old to cause any trouble much but I wouldn't mind taking in the view of naked women if they weren't too wretched. I know of a nude beach in St. Thomas but wonder if there might be other communities that I would enjoy visiting or even moving in.

Minnewaska 03-22-2012 08:06 AM

Re: Nude Communities

I'm not sure whether to take your query seriously or not. These communities and beaches aren't really my cup of tea, although, I still make enough testosterone that I would notice the females, if I stumbled upon one.

I don't think those that adopt this as a lifestyle are doing so for the view. It seems more counter cultural, anti-establishment, free from bondage based. I suspect that any mature adult that attends a private community because they haven't seen enough naked bodies in their lifetime, may not fit in well. Although, the public facilities much be used to that.

I've certainly stumbled upon enough sailboats with bare butts running around the decks. Mostly in the caribbean. Last was a mooring neighbor in the BVIs. We were sailing with another couple and the lovely young lady on the mooring next to us was always topless and often fully undressed. We still refer to her as the French girl at Norman's Bight. We have no recollection of why we thought she was French. With our wives there, we never whispered that we noticed.

jameswilson29 03-22-2012 08:08 AM

Please do not leave the privacy of your home...

Squidd 03-22-2012 10:17 AM

:worthless:

remetau 03-22-2012 10:30 AM

There are a few places in the Carib, but if you are sailing, just go nude then. We found we were able to be nude on many secluded beaches in the Bahamas.

If you want to find clothing optional communities, then maybe you should check out some other forums like clothesfreeforum. They promote family oriented places where clothing optional is a lifestyle. There are a lot of places in the states that you can go to, and the people on the nudists forums could suggest what may be best for you. Please don't visit these places to stare and gawk at people though.

jameswilson29 03-22-2012 10:33 AM

I am sure you will find a good place to "hang out".

joeybkcmo 03-22-2012 11:57 AM

"And, I'm to old to cause any trouble much but I wouldn't mind taking in the view of naked women if they weren't too wretched." So you just want to watch. Don't they have a word for that?

Lake Superior Sailor 03-22-2012 12:16 PM

What kind of bug spray do you use & what about suntan lotion? The bugs seem to like chewing on me. You must wear a really big hat, or is that not allowed? I burn like a marshmellow on a kids stick! I suppose you wouldn't have to worry about your foulweather gear leaking.........Dale

bljones 03-22-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Superior Sailor (Post 849066)
on a kids stick!

That's just a whole bunch of inappropriate in the context of this thread.

MikeWhy 03-22-2012 01:32 PM

Hats are OK. Spike heels, too.