how to pull a motor? - Page 3 - SailNet Community
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 22 Old 04-01-2014
Re: how to pull a motor?

Ay with Zee. If needing to pull it out. Remove all weight you can. Also helps squeezing through thght areas. You be shocked what brackets will make a simple task turn to its being wedged. After that rig a few blocks off your boom. A pry bar or two to assist walking it out. Extra muscle form those willing to hop in is always helpful to.

wondering around with no destionation
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
post #22 of 22 Old 04-01-2014
snake charmer, cat herder
Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
Re: how to pull a motor?

3700 hours and running well...let it be. it will go longe forever..just treat it welland dont rebuild it yet. too soon. isnt even what i had on mine in the few miles i sailed here in mexico. dont mess with a smooth running engine.
but if you have more bux than you know what to do with, put those dollars into a bank account and wait for a better time to when you are out cruising and it booms on ye. then is the time to do this. you might f ind it is cheaper to wait.... lemme say complete rebuild in usa would be over 4500 usd in price. here i am paying 2500 usd or less , INCLUDING the injector pump. AND LABOR.

so... wait. wait wait wait
my way , you get to visit exotic locales when you have to get inside engine.. there ARE fine mechanics in pair a dice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41, cruising tropics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by zeehag; 04-01-2014 at 09:45 AM.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.