Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance > Engines > Diesel
 Not a Member? 

Diesel This is a new forum dedicated to diesel engines and their applicable accessories.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2011

crystalbayjay is on a distinguished road
Looking for a couple more letters

If you have done Business with Foley Marine, or worked for,and had a bad experience, felt like they used unfair or deceptive act or practice, never received core charges, failure to offer warraty for failed parts, engines,or transmissions, can you please send me a PM with your Full Name and address, and the problem you had in a letter form. I would really appreciate your time and help. If you cant use the pm for lack of posts, you can post a couple more times on this thread and then you will be able to send PM.

Thanks again for your help!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-07-2011

crystalbayjay is on a distinguished road
Foley Engines NOT!

It was worth traveling 6000 miles, yes 6000 miles to stand up against FOLEY ENGINES in their lawsuit against me. Of coarse Dr. Diesel "JAY FOLEY" himself is to cowardly to show up himself but send his service manager to fight his battle for him. Instead I think Dr. Diesel likes to treat people like **** over the phone, acting like a big tough guy, well suck on it! After they sent me notice to appear in small claims court, I tried to pay, they refused my Certified Mail that had a cashiers check in it forcing me to have to travel across the country to show up in Court. It went well as Foley LOST their $1025 claim against me,that I had already tried to give them, and I LOST my counter against them for travel expense, but I used the $1025 I sent them to cover my costs.
So this is how it started,I sent them a ZF Hurth Transmission for rebuilding in August 2010, after 5 weeks of getting the run-around, I found out they sent it to Florida, so I purchased a BRAND NEW transmission from Marysville Marine GREAT COMPANY, then I got a estimate to rebuild my Transmission for $1000 more than a New one, said no thanks, then they billed me $975 for teardown, freight and Invoice fee. After a couple of months I called and tried to settle on a less amount, but instead got sued by them! Foley Engines Say they do the work, but they don't, After looking around and talking to ZF, They told me Foley IS NOT a Dealer, it looks like they buy stuff on EBAY and then sell it to people, thats why it takes so long to get certain things from them.
It is just a matter of time!!!
Thanks Dr. Diesel, DUDE you truly are a piece of work hehe
Old 04-09-2011

badsanta is on a distinguished road
Great job! thanks for the update
Old 04-15-2011

skipgundlach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalbayjay View Post
If you have done Business with Foley Marine, or worked for,and had a bad experience, felt like they used unfair or deceptive act or practice, never received core charges, failure to offer warraty for failed parts, engines,or transmissions, can you please send me a PM with your Full Name and address, and the problem you had in a letter form. I would really appreciate your time and help. If you cant use the pm for lack of posts, you can post a couple more times on this thread and then you will be able to send PM.

Thanks again for your help!!!
I trust you saw mine at the beginning of this thread...

L8R

SKip

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC
See our galleries at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Follow us at

and/or
Old 06-13-2011

RobS is on a distinguished road
I had the misfortune of calling Folley Engines today concerning parts for a water pump. What an arrogant & rude bunch they are! From almost their third sentence, the individual with whom I spoke began insulting. He called me a "difficult person" when I inquired of the typical cost of a pump rebuild or even a ball park price.

Fortunately, I spent my money else where as I have learned not to spend money with such business and people.

You must have done the community well by posting your experience with Foley Engines. Caveat Emptor!

Last edited by RobS; 06-13-2011 at 09:10 PM.