check the yanmar service bulletins. yanmar is no longer recommending the 'green' engine antifreeze', only the 'pink' engine long-life antifreeze. (don't confuse this with the pink potable freshwater system antifreeze for your drinking water system..)
Excerpts from Service bulletin re: Coolants:
Mack Boring & Parts Company Headquarters: 2365 RT.22 Union, NJ 07083
PH 908-964-8475, FAX 908-964-8475, WEB www.mackboring.com•
Improved water pump life due to reduced water pump seal wear resulting from fewer abrasive
• Reduces hard water scale.
• Offers excellent protection against pitting corrosion caused by cylinder liner cavitation. Better
heat transfer than conventional coolants with regular SCALE additions.
• No silicate gel formation during use or storage.
• Outstanding hot surface aluminum protection.
• Superior protection in high operating temperature conditions.
• Effective, long-term corrosion protection for aluminum, brass, cast iron, steel, solder and
The coolant/anti-freezes that have been tested and approved are shown below:
• Texaco Long Life Coolant Anti-Freeze both regular and pre-mixed Product codes 7991 and
7998. This product is available in gallon containers, drums and bulk. It is recommended that the
cooling system be drained and flushed before filling. Only Texaco Long Life Coolant should be
used for top-off. This product has a much longer shelf life than conventional coolants provided
the integrity of the container is maintained. For additional information and availability contact
Texaco at 1-800-782-7852.
• Havoline Extended Life Anti-Freeze/Coolant. Product code 7994. This product is available
through Texaco gas stations, Procedures are the same as with Texaco Long Life Coolant Anti-
• Dex-Cool Long Life Coolant. This product is available through GM service centers worldwide.
• Prestone Extended Life Coolant. Product code AF888. If the above coolants are not readily
available, Prestone Extended life coolant is satisfactory.