SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Diesel (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/diesel/)
-   -   maintenance manual for Isuzu C240 (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/diesel/66654-maintenance-manual-isuzu-c240.html)

CRN1857 07-21-2010 12:21 PM

maintenance manual for Isuzu C240

Hello

Does anybody know where I can buy a repair manual or find maintenance information for a Isuzu C240 diesel? My engine was installed in 1991.

Thanks
CRN

theboilerflue 05-06-2012 02:49 PM

Re: maintenance manual for Isuzu C240

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRN1857 (Post 624634)
Hello

Does anybody know where I can buy a repair manual or find maintenance information for a Isuzu C240 diesel? My engine was installed in 1991.

Thanks
CRN

Hi how did your search go for manuals? I have a paper copy of a shop manual for the c240 that came with the used engine I bought, it came from Klassen Diesel (for something like 70 bucks) and it's pretty lacking in detail. I've seen TCM manuals for a hyster forklift which have c240s in them but don't really want to throw 50 bucks down if they're not going to be anymore in-depth than the klassen manual. Have you found anything useful? I'm also looking for a manual for the Isuzu 4LE for a friend, same thing paid a ton for a manual from Klassen that's severely lacking in detail. I have found a couple parts catalog/manuals for the c240 if your interested in them.

mbu7454 07-11-2012 07:06 AM

Hello,
I'm looking for an alternator mounting bracket for an Isuzu C240, serial nr: 779362.
Where can I find this, new or used.
Best regards.
Willy

theboilerflue 07-11-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbu7454 (Post 895206)
Hello,
I'm looking for an alternator mounting bracket for an Isuzu C240, serial nr: 779362.
Where can I find this, new or used.
Best regards.
Willy

I ended up making one out of some aluminium plate (1/2") otherwise try klassen diesel

Geardoc 05-16-2013 09:41 PM

I have a paper C240 manual that I used a commercial scanner and Adobe software to make a PDF out of it.

It is for the Isuzu C240, industrial/marine engine.

It is around 240 or 250 pages.

The manual was expensive. If someone needs a copy, I will send it to them, I ask that if it is helpful they have the honor to send me $5 via Paypal.

I will send it out to who ever requests it for free, but if it something that can help you, I ask you to send $5, as I feel the $5 is reasonable because you get it and it is usable as is, it is clear, it is detailed, and the scan is good. It helps me to defer my time and investment into getting it done.

I can make you off a paper copy if need be, but it is 250 pages and I no longer have a commercial printer, so it would be significantly more than $5.

If it does not help you or it does not have the particular information you need, I ask nothing other than delete it and move on.

If this works, I have some other Isuzu manuals I will offer the same way. I can be reached via the forum and I accept emails from members.

I am not violating anyone's intellectual property here- the manual itself due to it's nature is a public domain document, if you are in the United States.

If this is considered spam by the mods, please delete this and my membership with it, as I'm not trying to make money or scam anyone.

theboilerflue 05-17-2013 11:23 AM

Well they won't let me PM you, but I'd love to have a copy of that manual I just picked up another old running c240 I want to rebuild and swap for the current one in my boat. send me a copy to haidan at graffiti dot net and I'll send you the five bucks which, yes sounds very resonable. thanks a lot

Geardoc 05-17-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theboilerflue (Post 1031748)
Well they won't let me PM you, but I'd love to have a copy of that manual I just picked up another old running c240 I want to rebuild and swap for the current one in my boat. send me a copy to haidan at graffiti dot net and I'll send you the five bucks which, yes sounds very resonable. thanks a lot

You do not need to send me five bucks to get it, only if once you get it, if it is useful and not having to search for it was of use, you can send me $5.

If it doesn't cover what you need, and there are differences between engines, then don't send me anything.

I also have the Bosch VE Pump Manuals scanned in as well, if you so want.

Thank you
bigvinbama(a)gmail.com

Hyrdflyr 10-10-2013 01:31 AM

I can sure use a manual for my C-240. I'm at scs at gci dot net and if you send me a paypal bill for the $5 bucks I'm more than happy to reimburse you for the trouble.

regards, Hyrdflyr

Oakurabilly 01-12-2014 12:20 AM

Hi there, Geardoc, I would be interested in a copy of your Isuzu C240 manual, if you could send me a copy I would be over the moon, many thanks Rob.
handyman101@xtra.co.nz

garrytas 06-13-2014 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geardoc (Post 1031535)
I have a paper C240 manual that I used a commercial scanner and Adobe software to make a PDF out of it.

It is for the Isuzu C240, industrial/marine engine.

It is around 240 or 250 pages.

The manual was expensive. If someone needs a copy, I will send it to them, I ask that if it is helpful they have the honor to send me $5 via Paypal.

I will send it out to who ever requests it for free, but if it something that can help you, I ask you to send $5, as I feel the $5 is reasonable because you get it and it is usable as is, it is clear, it is detailed, and the scan is good. It helps me to defer my time and investment into getting it done.

I can make you off a paper copy if need be, but it is 250 pages and I no longer have a commercial printer, so it would be significantly more than $5.

If it does not help you or it does not have the particular information you need, I ask nothing other than delete it and move on.

If this works, I have some other Isuzu manuals I will offer the same way. I can be reached via the forum and I accept emails from members.

I am not violating anyone's intellectual property here- the manual itself due to it's nature is a public domain document, if you are in the United States.

If this is considered spam by the mods, please delete this and my membership with it, as I'm not trying to make money or scam anyone.

I would like a copy if still available