Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance > Engines > Diesel
 Not a Member? 
Old 10-16-2010

Warden is on a distinguished road
Doctor Diesel at Phony Engines

Hello out there . I feel that I have been swindled by Foley engines. I would like to here from others that have been treated cruely by them. I have some great materal to post . Warden
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 10-16-2010

MARC2012 is on a distinguished road
If you search foley you will find many others who find sitting uncomfortable after dealing with him.marc
Old 10-16-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Warden—

You're not alone. Plenty of threads about Dr. Diesel and his less than admirable business practices.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 10-16-2010
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Here is Foleys customer service policy...

Relationships are everything to me..everything else in life are just tools to enhance them.

The purchase price of a boat is just the admittance fee to the dance...you still have to spend money on the girl...so court one with something going for her with pleasing and desirable character traits others desire as well... or you could find yourself in a disillusioned relationship contemplating an expensive divorce.
Old 03-03-2011

crystalbayjay is on a distinguished road
Foley Engines

Have you sent in a complaint to the Attorney General yet?
Here is the link, I have seen the BBB stuff, but if enough people go to the Attorney General, we will see some results soon...

https://www.eform.ago.state.ma.us/ag...mplaint.action

I am with you, it is time to put a stop to this!!!
Old 03-03-2011

Yes I has found Docter Diesel at Phony engines to be a terrible ripoff. RipOffReport.com will take complaints. I don't have the financial resources to make a simple webside to warn off unsuspecting people. When people search for Foley Engines the warning site would come up alongside his. Woody
Old 03-03-2011

crystalbayjay is on a distinguished road
What did they do to you?

I have taken my abuse from them very personal, I have never experienced such a rude, condescending person in my life.

5 complaints with the Attorney General
17 complaints with the BBB
5 complaints Ripoff Report

People that have been treated wrong have the right to file a complaint, and should, it does not cost anything, it is not worth trying for mediation, it WILL NOT WORK.
Consumer Protection Law 93a

Section 8. Upon petition by the attorney general, the court may for habitual violation of injunctions issued pursuant to section four order the dissolution, or suspension or forfeiture of franchise of any corporation or the right of any individual or foreign corporation to do business in the commonwealth.
Old 03-03-2011

With regard to purchases made with my visa card on two occasions with the same merchant Foley Industrial on 6/3/10 and 6/30/10 reference numbers 0695 and 0698

On June 3rd I contacted Foley Industrial who advertises their company as… a leading expert in Twin disk power take offs.

I ordered from them a new clutch disk to replace mine that had lost its teeth after four years of hard use.

They also suggested that I buy from them a pilot ball bearing to go with the clutch disk and so I did.

The parts were shipped to me the next day and I was pleased that the shipping was very fast.

Our conversation on the first order on 6/3/10.also he told me that the three-piece clutch disk was not as long lasting as a one-piece disk. The one-piece disk requires the disassembly on the unit at a specially equipped facility with a press, while the three-piece disk does not. Page One

I installed the disk and pilot bearing and during the installation I noticed that the iron ring that mates with the composite clutch disk was worn but still looked serviceable.

The machine had light duty and did a few jobs and then the clutch failed again and lost its teeth.

I then ordered the mating iron ring and a new clutch disk and once again the shipping was the best. I also took another of the same power take off’s…. that I have and brought in to a very well known and reputable shop… Digenaro Truck repair…. to have the unit disassembled to put in a one-piece disk.

When I came back for the unit there had been a cracked piece and the unit was not serviceable at this time and Mike the owner told me to go with the three piece clutch disk as he knew of many tree cutters using the three piece clutch disk out in the field for extended periods of time without problems.

Upon the installation of the new clutch disk and iron-mating ring this unit tore apart in about a week. I called back Mike Digenaro the local guy that I trust….. and he stated that there was something very wrong and that I should investigate.

I called the Twin disk Main office and they put me through to the exclusive east coast distributor for genuine Twin disk parts….. after we discovered…. that the Foley clutch disk that had so little wear…. on the toothless facing that the numbers were still visible…was not a twin disk clutch disk.

When I put in my order at the east coast Twin disk Dealer he said that he knew those guys at Foley Industrial and that they did not buy anything from him and that they used “will fit” parts.

Page Two

I ordered a genuine twin disk part from them and it cost $41 dollars compared to the $120 dollars that Foley engines (or should I say phony engines) for a counterfeit disk.

During the installation of the genuine disk I noticed that the pilot bearing that I had purchased from Foley was defective and was expelling grease from what is supposed to be a sealed bearing so I put the genuine pilot bearing back in that was still good after four years of service.

I called visa and they stated that I needed to make an effort to get satisfaction from Foley. I called and got the service manager. He said that twin disk did not make their own clutch disk either, and stated that the factory disk would also fail immediately.

I replied that “ok I will give you that and I will run it and see if it does blow up and then we shall see. That is how our conversation ended and there was no angry words from either me or the service manager that I recall.

So we have had no problem with the twin disk clutch disk and have given it some hard use.

I called up Foley and this time I got “doctor Diesel” who stated that his service manager had said to him that….. Woody Harding (myself) had been very rude to his service manager.

I then said to “Doctor Diesel” that I am going to dispute the charges and he yelled “fine” and slammed the phone down and hung up and he was very rude. The whole conversation lasted perhaps ten seconds. There has been no other conversation between us.
Page Three

I was left with the impression that they were out to really swindle me and were interested in getting me up to their shop to exchange my power take of for one of their “will fit” units.

The only straight answer I ever got from them for any question at any time…. was that the exchange would cost a thousand dollars which they recommended forcibly.

I am sixty years old and have been dealing with engines and related parts almost my entire life. If you ask me, I think that these Foley people are ruthless and without scruples…. as they palm off phony parts to an innocent public.
Old 03-03-2011
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Warden—

What you're describing sounds like mail fraud and is a federal offense... you really should contact the AG office both in your state and in Massachusetts. They sent you a part, across state lines, that was not what was specifically ordered.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 03-03-2011

I just submited my complaint to the AG MA... e complaint real easy thanks pass it on..... be sure to run a search for foley engines and look at all the complaints that they have next to their listing on the search engines and collect them all that you can find also on this site and print them all out and take them with you to the court house.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.