SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

yanmar 2YM15 oil

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  agriff 
#1 ·
can anyone help ?

T:confused: There are two oil fillers on my 2ym15, one at the top of engine on rocker cover, and one on starboard side near dipstick. I'm changing my engine oil and manual says to use the rocker cover filler. What is the other filler ? ( I suspect it's also an engine oil filler. I've got an sd20 saildrive, so it would not be anything to do with marine gear ? )

#3 ·
Hello Tropicat, Many thanks. Since posting the thread I have downloaded another manual which backs up your advice, so I'll go along with that !
I have definitely got a ( yellow ) oil filler on the rocker cover though , it's next to the water cap, so I can only assume that's also for the engine oil - confusing !! Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.