Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: toronto, Ontario
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 6
winterizing yanmar 2gm raw water
So my first crack at winterizing and just want to make sure that I covered the basis! Here is what I did:[LIST]
- drained engine block of cooling water from valve
- pulled thermostat out (once I found it)
-pulled water intake hose and replace with a temporary hose which I inserted in a pail of antifreeze
-ran engine till it was pumping pink out the back
-opened engine block drain valve to make sure it drained pink which it was. - - tightened valve
- ran engine a little more to replace what little drained out of engine block. - - - turned engine off
- poured a couple tablespoons of oil into oil fill while hand cranking engine
- sprayed engine with wd40
- sat down to think about what I might have forgotten to do
- couldn't think of anything, so closed up boat and went home.
So, anything I missed or messed up?
I am not really from Toronto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.