SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Electrical Systems (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/electrical-systems/)
-   -   Marinetics LPG Control Panel (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/electrical-systems/101915-marinetics-lpg-control-panel.html)

brokesailor 07-29-2013 08:16 AM

Marinetics LPG Control Panel

1 Attachment(s)
Can this LPG Control Panel Box be refurbished? Anyone know of a Repair outfit that will work on these? I needs the fuse holder replaced. Marinetics Corp.in California does not have a website.

svHyLyte 07-29-2013 08:39 AM

Re: Marinetics LPG Control Panel

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokesailor (Post 1065915)
Can this LPG Control Panel Box be refurbished? Anyone know of a Repair outfit that will work on these? I needs the fuse holder replaced. Marinetics Corp.in California does not have a website.

See Marinetics Corporation . You can call or send them an email. On the other hand, a local electronics shop should be able to replace the fuse holder if you aren't ready to give it a try yourself. Not much to it really.

brokesailor 07-29-2013 12:00 PM

Not as easy as it sounds. Thanks I'll try that email address. Could not find one on search I did.

Colin A 08-02-2013 12:11 PM

Depends on what's wrong with it. The fuse holder and switch look like off the shelf items so it shouldn't be too bad. If you take it out and shoot a picture I may be able to guide you on sources for parts.

brokesailor 08-03-2013 07:13 AM

Fues holder is only issue. It needs to be replaced, makes intermittent contact. The back of the paneldoes not have any screws I guess it is glued on.

mitiempo 08-03-2013 11:21 PM

Blue Seas makes panel mount fuse holders. The sell for about 5 or 6 dollars.
Panel Mount AGC/MDL Fuse Holder - Blue Sea Systems

There is nothing unique about the fuse holder in the Marinetics panel. Marinetics didn't make it anyway - they purchased it.

Colin A 08-05-2013 10:13 AM

I agree it looks like a standard panel mount fuse holder. You can check places like Grainger Del City and Newark electronics as they may have a larger selection than you local marine store if you want to match it exactly.

redline 08-07-2013 11:19 PM

Agree that looks like a standard panel-mount fuse holder.

For lack of wall space when I needed to add a few more breakers, I replaced my LPG panel (different make, but still just a switch, fuse and light) with a four-breaker panel, fitted a 5A red-toggle breaker and red LED to the bottom position, and labelled that one PROPANE. It does exactly what the old panel did in much less space. The other positions power the VHF and HF radios and one spare.

Basically unless your panel includes a gas detector, it's just a fuse, switch and pilot light. One could replace the metal panel and get all kinds of creative with the switch/light arrangement.