SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Waeco CS-NC15 Issue

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Salty Mike 
#1 ·
Hi there,

First time poster, long time reader. I had a Waeco CS-NC15 installed in the icebox of my 98 Hunter 310 4 years ago. First 2 seasons it worked great and cooled the icebox accordingly. Last season at full blast I couldn't get the icebox temperature below 46 degrees and this season I can't get it below 50 degrees. Doesn't matter if I run it on AC or DC. I have it set to the highest temperature setting and can hear the unit turn on and off periodically but when on, it only stays on for about 30 seconds, then shuts off. Makes no difference if I leave the icebox door open, 30 seconds is about as long as the Waeco will stay on.

Has anyone ever come across this issue with a Waeco unit? Is there a thermostat built in that perhaps is faulty?

Any advice to help troubleshoot this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

T

#3 ·
Always start at the basics:

Is something pushed up against the thermostat?

Compressors use a fan to cool the fin things down. The fan forces dusty air over the fin things for 2 years. So you can bet your balls your fins are full.

And your fan blades. Clean them too.

If that doesn't fix it.

Electrical connections.
Are any connections warm or hot?

Is the full number of amps available? Perhaps bad come toons or old wiring is slowing your juice down. Check fir voltage drop from what u read at the battery to what you read at the compressor (when it's off). ie ate the both 12.4 or is the battery 12.4 and the compressor 12.1?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.