Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New England
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 15
If the batteries were left partially charged for a significant period of time, the battery plates may have sulfated and died. If the batteries were over charged by any significant amount, they may be dead too. If the batteries were down to 10 volts, they were far past the fully discharged point, where the batteries would have been at about 11.6 volts DC.
Have you checked the water levels in the battery if it is a wet cell battery?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)
If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.