SailNet Community

SailNet Community (
-   Electrical Systems (
-   -   Anyone bought solar panels from Sun Solar? (

justonemoreproject 04-18-2012 02:11 PM

Anyone bought solar panels from Sun Solar?
My solar panels stopped working recently and its a good opportunity to upgrade from 20 watts for more power.
I have been searching for good quality at good prices and came across an ebay site called Sun Solar. They have very low prices and free shipping!
$1.95/watt New 30 watt Sun Solar Panel PV Mono-crystalline 25 Years Warranty | eBay
30 watt for Mono Crystal for $55.50
40 Watt Mono Crystal panel for $75.60
The aluminum frame is anodized and they have a 25 year performance guarantee and a 2 year material warranty. They say they have been in business since 1998 and they have good Ebay Feedback.

These prices are easily a third less then companies like SunWize.
They justify their low prices by being direct sellers of their own products that are manufactured in their Chinese factory, but I am concerned that it may be poor quality and too good to be true!

If anyone has any experience or concerns with Sun Solar, please let me know.

hellosailor 04-18-2012 06:08 PM

Re: Anyone bought solar panels from Sun Solar?
Don't know 'em, but some of the cheaper panels have no blocking diodes (not a stopper, but you'll need to take that into account) and aren't built or warranteed for either "marine" use or "vehicle installation". At the right price you may not care--but it is worth asking them.