Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Maine Coast
Thanked 118 Times in 86 Posts
Rep Power: 15
Re: Wiring diagram house/starter bank needed
Originally Posted by Dan1234
Would anyone have a wiring diagram for the following setup?
- 1 starter battery 12V
- 1 battery 12V for the windlass
- 6 deep cycle battery 6V to form a single 12V house bank (this has already been wired)
- Xantrex inverter/charger TR1512 (powered from shorepower or a Honda 2000i generator, this connection to the housebank is also done and seems to work fine)
- 38HP diesel engine, alternator running through a Heart Interface Incharge 3 stage alternator regulator
- an electric switch to disconnect the alternator
I assume what is recommended is a 1-2-both switch to isolate the house bank from the starter battery so the engine could be started with either the starter battery, house bank, or both.
I would simply lose the windlass battery and run the windlass and other loads off the house bank. If you do that there are many possible ways to wire it. It can be done, with three banks, but I'd like to hear your reasoning behind why you want to have to manage and wire up three banks..
-Maine Sail / CS-36T
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.