SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Fuse panel

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  hellosailor 
#1 ·
Hi,first time poster,new boater! Lots to learn. Accidently shorted one of the fuses on my seachoice rocker switch panel. Remedied situation,push in fuse will not reset. Am I doing something wrong IYO? Do I need a replacement fuse? Thanks for suggestions.

#4 ·
Seachoice was the classic brand name for a 6-switch FUSE panel, square red fuse covers and rocker switches next to each one.

Fuses don't reset, you go out and buy replacements when they blow. Breakers can be reset.

If you have a fuse panel, you aren't pushing anything to reset them, you're just turning the switches on and off, or poking at the fuse covers. On the Seachoice, the fuse holders are opened by pressing in a little tab on the side and letting them pop out. Don't lose the spring that pops them out.

#5 ·
Sounds like the fuse/switch panel I had a couple of boats ago. You had to insert a thin tool like a small screwdriver or paperclip into one edge of the square fuseholders to release the fuse cap.

With time what also happened was that on some of the fuseholder caps the plastic arm that sat in the release hole (was supposed) to hold the cap in would gradually bend and no longer keep the fuse tight enough to make good contact. One solution was to find another panel and cannibalize the caps. Better solution was to replace the entire panel with something of better quality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.