St6002 Autopilot / E127 MFD - Falls of tracking / auto often. - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance > Electronics
 Not a Member? 
Old 06-03-2013
Pacific Skipper

Rasputin is on a distinguished road
St6002 Autopilot / E127 MFD - Falls of tracking / auto often.

Not sure if this is an E127 issue or ST6002 issue but thought I would put this out there while waiting to hear back from Raymarine.

ST6002 & E127 falls off "Auto" and or "Tracking" both randomly.

New E127 installed April before Mexico cruise. Included new radar, AIS, sonar, the whole enchilada.

Since the install, both E127 falls out of "Tracking" and / or ST6002 Autopilot falls out of "Auto" regularly. Simply, doesn't matter if I set a course through the E127 or simply push the "Auto" button on the ST6002. At some point, it will just fall back into "Standby". (It's not much of an Autopilot if you have to be staring at it constantly to insure you don't randomly go off course. In the past the ST6002 would fall out of Auto on very rare occasions.)

- This happens under power or under sail.

- E127 will sound and show alarm if done via tracking but generally no warning when just "Auto" is used on ST6002.

- Since the initial April install, the tech has felt it may be low voltage so the entire unit has been put on it's own breaker, not shared with any other device. As of this past weekend, problem still exists.

- Power checks out to be constant and optimum. Six T-125 6v batteries that are all less than a year old. Power is obviously good when engine running too.

- For the last almost 7 years, I've had only the 4 Raymarine instruments including the ST6002 Autopilot, Depth, Speed and Wind. E127 with new radar, sonar and AIS were just added April time frame. As I said, the ST6002 would fall out of Auto on very rare occasions.

Any ideas on where to start? Is this voltage? Soemthing with the autopilot? Something with the E127? I have a good installer who is baffled as well. Just trying to help as this is very frustrating.

Thanks.

~Scott

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Young Sun 50' Center Cockpit Cutter Sloop
Permanent Waves - Long Beach, CA. ~ USCG 673238
CBYC / LBYC
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Tags
autopilot , e127 , raymarine , st6002 , standby