SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

ST4000+ Autohelm Codelock issue??

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  aa3jy 
#1 ·
I just finished installing a ST4000+ autohelm and upon power up it is requesting a code. I have the box and all manuals and paperwork that came with it but there is no mention of a code anywhere in the manual. After doing some research online I have found that some models like the ST80 have a codelock security feature. It sounds like that is probably what I have going on with mine but can't confirm it. Does anyone know if this is a feature of the ST4000+? If so, do you have some documentation that explains it?

I don't know if I am even doing the code sequence properly. I was read that the default code is 0 0 0 0. After playing around with it I found that if I push the "Disp" button the curser for the first number starts blinking. Using the "+1" and "-1" buttons allows me to change the number value. When I hit the "Disp" button again it moves on to the next number. When I get 4 numbers entered in and hit the "Disp" button all of the numbers go away and it is just showing "Code _ _ _ _" again. I don't know if this means that it is the wrong code or if it is just being reset or something. Does anyone have the correct instructions on how to enter the code?

I also found that some Raymarine retailers have a computer that they can hook up and read the code. I checked with my closest retailers and none of them knew what I was talking about. Do anyone of you know a retailer that may have this ability? If so, I may ship this to them to have the code read.

Thanks in advance fore your help. I really want to get this working soon.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks. At least that confirms that my ST4000+ did come with the CodeLock software. It is strange that there was no mention of it in the manuals. Now if only I could confirm that the method I am using the enter the code is correct I would know if I need to send it in or not. I'm thinking about calling Raymarine's tech support but the on hold wait times are prohibitive at this time.

#4 ·
Do you think it is asking you to input a code? If it's not taking 0000 then try 1234 (or choose a code). Obviously I wouldn't try lots of random things, but trying 0000 once and trying another code of your choice once seems reasonable.

#5 ·
It is possible. I have been trying to enter the most common codes, 0000, 1111, 2222, 1234, 9876, etc. I just don't know if I am doing the procedure properly. Raymarine seems to love using a combination of button presses like, press these two buttons for 4 seconds, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.