Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance > Electronics
 Not a Member? 
Old 08-27-2009

straitdave2 is on a distinguished road
Horizon Instrument problems

My Ericson 35 is equipped with the Horizon instrument package, the 45 series - and only the depth sounder works. The Knotlog has a broken paddlewheel. Does anyone out there have a source for me to get another paddlewheel. I live in Vancouver, BC.
Also, when the previous owner had the boat and mast painted a few years ago the company that installed the mast pulled the wires out of the masthead plug for the Wind/Speed point and couldn't figure out what wire goes into what plug. Even though I have the manual with a wiring diagram, the color of the wires don't match. I have in the masthead plug Blue, Yellow, White, Red and Black - the diagram has for the 'wind transducer' (not sure if it's the same thing) Green, Black, Red, White and Brown?? I guess the only solution would be to go up the mast and dissasemble the plug on the mast and match wire colors with the wind instrument.
Does anybody have any other suggestions??

Thanks

David
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-27-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
hey strait - welcome to SN dude.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 09-03-2009

StandardHorizon is on a distinguished road
Straitdave2,
Please contact Tim Johnson at Standard Horizon. He is very knowledgeable regarding older instruments. marinetech@vxstdusa.com or 800-767-2450 (7am-5pm PST).