Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance > Electronics
 Not a Member? 
Old 01-24-2010

cruisingmom is on a distinguished road
Dead ST50 Need to replaced wind/speed Q

Hello Folks

Well my ST50 mast wind and direction instrument is beyond my capability to resurrect. I am considering replacing with a MOOR Electronics CAPW. I would love to go to the ST60 but at $800.00 it is somewhat out of my price range based on all the other projects I have to complete. Does anyone have an opinion as to the robustness and accuracy of the MOOR mast transducer for wind direction and speed and their performance? I don't want to be penny wise and Kg foolish.
Thanks
Andy
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2010

SeaFever2000 is on a distinguished road
Hi Cruisingmom,

I may be able to help. I am an electronic engineer and have started a small business offering small electronics repairs. Please private message me if you are interested. I may be able to help you save some money.
Old 01-25-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
I would highly recommend that you not solicit business on the forum as it is against the terms of service last I checked. It would also be wise for you to read the Special Interest Disclosure thread in the boat buying forum, as it probably applies to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaFever2000 View Post
Hi Cruisingmom,

I may be able to help. I am an electronic engineer and have started a small business offering small electronics repairs. Please private message me if you are interested. I may be able to help you save some money.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 01-25-2010

cruisingmom is on a distinguished road
Looking for reasonable alt. to ST50 wind/direction

I appreciate the offer, but I am giving up on the ST50 (anybody want it) and am looking for input as to alternatives. The MOOR electronic system CAPW is about $450.00 complete. This is not the cheapest (so far the Clipper NASA wind speed direction unit for $370 is the cheapest), but it certainly looks more flimsy than the ST60 transducer.

I have so many projects to eat up my budget that I am just trying to get some feedback on these other alternatives to the $800.00 ST60 system.

Anybody with the Moor or one of the other mast mounted wind/speed transducer modules?
Thanks
Andy (Whitby 42 Maine)