Join Date: Sep 2007
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 9
DSC VHF / GPS Interface
Need a little help here.
I've been unsuccessful in getting my Raymarine Raystar 120 GPS antenna to feed location data to my Uniden Polaris DCS VHF.
Here are a few additional data points:
1. The feed for the data is coming from the NMEA 2 terminals on our Raymarine S3G course computer.
2. When both units are on, I get the icon on the VHF that shows a little satellite, which according to the Polaris user's manual indicates that it IS receiving a satellite signal.
3. However, no data is showing up on the VHF. I've got dashed lines for time, speed, lat/long, etc.
4. I called Uniden, and they said that it SHOULD work (as long as the data is NMEA 0183, version 3.01).
5. According to the Raymarine manuals, their units do NMEA 0183 but version 2. No joy getting ahold of their tech supprt however -- their automated answering service apparently is WAAY understaffed.
Am I hosed or is there a solution to my woes?
Thanks in advance,