SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Electronics (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/electronics/)
-   -   Navico WP5000 (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/electronics/74597-navico-wp5000.html)

Geddesjf 05-19-2011 10:55 AM

Navico WP5000

Hi everyone I have a couple questions regarding my old Navico wp5000..

I have never installed this unit and i need some mounting parts so it can be installed, i contacted simrad, they don't have the parts I need and can they get them. So after doing a lot of searching my last hope is to ask if anyone has a broken unit or knows someone with an old unit I could buy for the mounting parts. I know that this belongs in the wanted adds but i feel it would get more publicity here..

To help offset the fact that this should be in the wanted adds I'm going to ask if anyone knows of some place that sells marine salvage? Maybe some marine consignment shops?

I would also like to give you a little info about my self. I'm 26 and i started sailing the year b4 last when i bought my first boat ( 84 catalina 27 tall rig) I have fallen in love with sailing, i feel like i have found my calling in life. I bought this boat with hopes to travel and acquire time at sea for my captains license. I sailed from upstate NY ( Seneca lake) to Key West FL. Now this summer I'm going to bring my boat back up and i was hoping to have this auto pilot to help along the way. Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you all for your time and i hope to hear from you soon.

tdw 05-19-2011 06:03 PM

I do in fact have a WP5000, fully intact but with a problematic fluxgate.

The bad news is that its in Australia.

If you don't sort this out in a reasonable time let me know.

FDR14127 05-21-2011 10:52 PM

I have a Navico TP5000 with about 5hrs use on it. I have been looking for the accessories since I would like to drive it off my navigation software. No joy and Simrad apparently has lost the design prints. (see if I buy any of their gear again). What is a WP5000? Does it have a junction box? Or the hand held programmer? Will it work with the TP series? All you would need to mount mine is the pipe mit the holes to set the pin on the tiller in. All else fails we can make a copy of mine, a drilled piece of pvc pipe would do in a pinch. When you get back to Sneaky Lake, give me a shout and we can get together and solve this problem. I am in Orchard Park and sail out of Niagara on the Lake.

tdw 05-22-2011 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDR14127 (Post 732763)
I have a Navico TP5000 with about 5hrs use on it. I have been looking for the accessories since I would like to drive it off my navigation software. No joy and Simrad apparently has lost the design prints. (see if I buy any of their gear again). What is a WP5000? Does it have a junction box? Or the hand held programmer? Will it work with the TP series? All you would need to mount mine is the pipe mit the holes to set the pin on the tiller in. All else fails we can make a copy of mine, a drilled piece of pvc pipe would do in a pinch. When you get back to Sneaky Lake, give me a shout and we can get together and solve this problem. I am in Orchard Park and sail out of Niagara on the Lake.

Do you need a manual ?

Geddesjf 05-22-2011 10:47 AM

Hey everyone sorry i didn't respond sooner.

tdw.. i'll pm you

FDR14127.. the WP5000 is a wheel pilot.

I had found one on craigs list that i got excited about but the seller never got back to me.

tdw 05-22-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geddesjf (Post 732884)
Hey everyone sorry i didn't respond sooner.

tdw.. i'll pm you

FDR14127.. the WP5000 is a wheel pilot.

I had found one on craigs list that i got excited about but the seller never got back to me.

FDR,
There is no way that you could adapt/convert a TP5000 to a WP5000. Very different animal indeed.

Geddes,
I'll answer your PM later on but in short the only part of mine that is seemingly unserviceable or at least in some way faulty is the compass. I did have some trouble with belt slipping but after cleaning up and servicing the wheel attachment itself it seemed to be OK the last time I used it. Unfortunately the fluxgate went insane about that time and I've not had it operating since. I have spare belts.

TrevorT 06-06-2011 12:58 AM

I have a wp5000 and the mounting is quite simple. It should be easy to make one depending on where you want to mount it: pedestal or or side or floor. You can download the manual from here Downloads for WP5000 Wheelpilot | Simrad Yachting let me know if you want photos of my pedestal installation

sanibel sailor 08-26-2011 06:46 AM

Pedestal mount

Hello Trevor-
I tried sending a PM, but don't have required 15 posts yet.
Would you mind sending a picture of your pedestal mount? Thank you
John Churchill
Sanibel FL USA
grafpatrick@earthlink.net

Kasidah 11-21-2011 10:17 PM

If you are interested in selling the unit I would be interested in buying it..........