Transducer help. - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-12-2012 Thread Starter

Transducer help.

Can anyone help identify these depth and speed transducers? I bought the boat ('85 Pearson 27) and there were no instruments, just a plastic panel covering where they used to be and these transducers.

I am hauling the boat out soon to do some other maintenance and am thinking of replacing these with a Raymarine ST40 kit. Are transducers pretty standard sizes? Will I be able to just unscrew these and install the new ones in the same holes?
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Pearson 27
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-13-2012 Thread Starter

Okay, I will go ahead and answer part of my own question for those that might be interested. The transducer on the bottom is most likely a Moor speed transducer. Parts Information

The top depth transducer is still a mystery.

I purchased a Raymarine ST40 Bidata to replace these with. The Airmar transducers that come with the ST40 kit require a 2" hole and the old transducers had a 2 1/8" hole. Can I fill the rest of the void (1/16" on each side theoretically) with enough 3M 4200 to make a good seal? Or should I drill new holes? I would rather take my chances with making a good seal with the old holes, but I am looking for suggestions.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-13-2012
I don't discuss my member

I'm sure you could 'sleeve' it and it would be just fine. Thickened epoxy would work well. Make sure you use something like 404 or 406 from West. Not the lightweight stuff.

The propper way would be to remove the old ones, bevel the edges 12:1 and reglass. Then re-drill the correct size holes.

Merit 25 # 764 "Audrey"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.