Navico Wheel Pilot 5000 - Help - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-06-2012 Thread Starter
Sailing Chance

Navico Wheel Pilot 5000 - Help

I just inherited this from a friend. He didnt have manuals or instructions. Does anyone here happen to have? I would really appreciate it. He used it as a back up so it wasnt installed and I need to see how it all works.

Thanks!
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-06-2012 Thread Starter
Sailing Chance

Re: Navico Wheel Pilot 5000 - Help

scratch that - I just found the manual from another forum. What I need to know now is if there a separate control unit from the computer or a remote? The instructions dont really show all the parts and I want to be sure I have everything. I have the Wheel, motor, belt, power, etc. and a computer. But there is no way to enter course headings - at least not the I can see. Thoughts?
post #3 of 4 Old 09-06-2012
tdw
Super Fuzzy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailingChance View Post
scratch that - I just found the manual from another forum. What I need to know now is if there a separate control unit from the computer or a remote? The instructions dont really show all the parts and I want to be sure I have everything. I have the Wheel, motor, belt, power, etc. and a computer. But there is no way to enter course headings - at least not the I can see. Thoughts?
Our old boat had a WP5000 when we first bought her. If you have the basic model then the controller is a simple three button job - set, steer starboard, steer port. All you can do is get the boat onto the required course and hit set. There is no specific course computer as such.

I believe that originally there was a vane option for course by wind and a more sophisticated controller the H-5000.

Andrew B

“Life is a trick, and you get one chance to learn it.”
― Terry Pratchett, Nation

Malo 39 Classic
post #4 of 4 Old 02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailingChance View Post
HI! I was wondering if you still have your wp5000 and using it?? I'm in need of parts if your not using it? Please let me know either way. Thanks Rob

Tags
autopilot , navico , wheelpilot , wp 5000

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.