SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Endeavour (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/endeavour/)
-   -   General discussion (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/endeavour/75932-general-discussion.html)

MarioG 07-05-2011 10:13 AM

General discussion

I think the Endeavour sailors owners site would be more active if there was a general discussion section.

Or for exsample is there some place already to talk about general things like finding others Endeavour boats setting at different marinia?

Or what seems to be the needed upgrades for living aboard?

ryderstk 07-11-2011 12:22 PM

I agree.... Having just acquired my Endeavour 32 just in April, I have searched the net far and wide for information on referbishing my systems. I did get a lot of information from the Endeavour owners site, but it seemed pretty outdated, especially when I was looking for replacement sources. Luckily the Cal 34 site uses the Universal 5424 Engine, that I had on my boat, so I got lots of information on that site. I would certainly like to learn what others have done to get an Endeavour 32 up to live aboard standards.

S/V Island Fever

Ritchard 10-11-2011 10:02 AM

I have a new-to-me '79 E32, "Ariel". Before talking refurbishment, I should mention that after owning it around 6 weeks now, I like her more every time I sail her.

So far my work on her has been small stuff, good cleaning, replacing the head and hoses, unplugging scuppers, refurbishing teak, etc. I have had to have both my Genoa and mainsail repaired due to my own ham-fistedness, but oh well.

I have for over the winter 2 pages of maintenance/refurbishment items, to complete a refit that the PO didn't quite get done. Once the boat is out of the water, I will prioritize the tasks, and start budgeting. I cannot do all I want to this winter, not enough time or money, but I'll go as far as those two resources allow. My main pressing item? replacing a stinky holding tank. My main big budget item? Autohelm. And to go with that, lazyjacks. I want to be able to single-hand the boat more easily.

I agree about the Endeavourowners site. While someone is still paying the hosting, it looks like it more or less went to sleep in 2002.

Ritchard 10-14-2011 08:33 PM

By the way, anyone got a manual that describes the correct lifting sling placement?

R

ryderstk 10-14-2011 11:32 PM

lifting sling location for Endeavour 32

1 Attachment(s)
Just hauled my E32
Aft sling 6.5 ft measured from stern along the toerail. Forward sling line up between center of forward hatch and forward hatch frorward edge

Ritchard 10-15-2011 12:27 AM

Ryder, thx much.

MarioG 10-15-2011 08:57 AM

Thi and the next 2 pictures shows our E-32 on the slings
http://thumb1.webshots.net/t/82/482/...1yEyLCN_th.jpg

Ritchard 10-15-2011 10:28 AM

And Mario, thx too.

Next question: Has anybody got measurements of the uprights of their cradle? I bought an abandoned used cradle from a Hunter 33, and the uprights are TALL 56.5" (stern), 52.5" and 60.5" from the plane of the keel block. As the Hunter 33 come in a 5'6" draft version, and obviously this cradle must be for that boat, I am thinking of cutting off a foot from each leg so as to not have to block the keel of the boat too high. I have great quality screw jack pads for it that are about 18" tall. Thoughts?

R

Ritchard 12-29-2011 03:53 PM

Anybody working on their Endeavours over the winter? I have been tinkering on mine. Lately I have been refurbishing the interior woodwork. It's very dry and tired, so I give it a quick sand, and rub in some oil. Looks beautiful.

wrbanwal 01-03-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ritchard (Post 811523)
Anybody working on their Endeavours over the winter? I have been tinkering on mine. Lately I have been refurbishing the interior woodwork. It's very dry and tired, so I give it a quick sand, and rub in some oil. Looks beautiful.

ordered the shrink wrap door today.

going on this weekend

heater in hand, we'll be doing what we can