SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Endeavour (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/endeavour/)
-   -   E-32 Buying (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/endeavour/84134-e-32-buying.html)

algee 02-20-2012 07:43 PM

E-32 Buying

I am looking at an mid seventies E-32, and would like any info re this model as far as what problems to look for before making an offer. The boat is in the water, has not been used for some time, has Yanmar2qm engine, needs a complete cleaning inside and out.

Thanks Al

Ritchard 02-29-2012 11:37 AM

It seems a shame that no-one has answered after a week. I bought a '79 last year, and found it to be a very stout vessel, very thickly-built hull with no issues.

I'm no expert, but it seems to me, check the regular stuff and weigh repairs/replacements against purchase price.

In my case, I have learned that there is no such thing as a great deal on a sailboat. The purchase price is only the beginning. It has been said that a $30K boat is a $30K boat, no matter what you pay for it. Again, in my case, my boat needed very little done, but I have spent $thousands anyhow.

But don't let me discourage you. If the boat makes you smile, buy it.

MarioG 03-04-2012 12:18 PM

We have had our E-32 for a little over a year now. It was in great condition when we bought her, and the thousands we spent have been on making it "MORE" liveaboard then repairs.

We have sailed it amost 3000 nm's and couldn't be more happy with the boat.

They seem to be very well built so I would be looking for neglect and what PO have done alonng the way.

wrbanwal 03-09-2012 09:24 PM

Re: E-32 Buying

We did not buy a E-32. We found a clean E-37. Probably the only one in Michigan. After my initial concerns about sailing characteristics that are well documented and the love/hate with the unique "look" were dismissed by the Admiral, we bought it

never happier, she's a stout well built cruiser with comfort in mind. She's not the prettiest boat in the marina but I'll take her anywhere we want. And that's what ended up being the important thing

enjoy

Mani Moana 10-26-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by algee (Post 834392)
I am looking at an mid seventies E-32, and would like any info re this model as far as what problems to look for before making an offer. The boat is in the water, has not been used for some time, has Yanmar2qm engine, needs a complete cleaning inside and out.

Thanks Al

We have our boat for a year and she is incredible! The engine is old but owrks perfectly, we got pic of her on Facebook if you want to check it out: http://www.facebook.com/ManiMoana

The only problem we have are the porthole that we want to replace, we don' t find them adapted for an ocean cruising and the leek.
We also have a video of her sailing in Colombia: it is in french but the image is great!

Robbyn 01-19-2014 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mani Moana (Post 938971)
We have our boat for a year and she is incredible! The engine is old but owrks perfectly, we got pic of her on Facebook if you want to check it out: http://www.facebook.com/ManiMoana

The only problem we have are the porthole that we want to replace, we don' t find them adapted for an ocean cruising and the leek.
We also have a video of her sailing in Colombia: ManiMoana TV - Envoyé Special - YouTube it is in french but the image is great!

Wow I have never been able to just take my boat and beach it like that.... rocks rocks and more rocks but it is pretty cool to know she is can go in that close somewhere in the world!

I just have to make my way there and plant myself!!!!:)

Robbyn 01-19-2014 06:17 PM

Buying "Fragile" has been the single most rewarding and happiest things I have done.

She completes me! I love every minute on her (although one day I think I want to live on something a bit bigger).... I can't imagine parting from her!

I found her on the hard, neglected and frail, and now restored, I smile everytime I see her.

MarioG 01-23-2014 03:44 PM

I replaced my ports with ones from new found Metals and not only think they make the boat look much better but would trust them in any conditions, they seal tight and never leak.

Robbyn 01-25-2014 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioG (Post 1337249)
I replaced my ports with ones from new found Metals and not only think they make the boat look much better but would trust them in any conditions, they seal tight and never leak.

Did you go with the Tri Mod or all Stainless Steel???? I was looking at them last year and then the season got here so quickly I decided to put it off a season!

MarioG 02-16-2014 07:58 AM

I got the composite/stainless to keep a little of the original look. Very happy with them after 3 yrs.