SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Where to buy Tohatsu 6HP shift lever?

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  CT_Tempest 
#1 ·
Hi,

I just snapped the shift lever on my Tohatsu 6HP Sailpro Long Shaft (actually the card the previous owner gave me says Ultra Long Shaft).

Below is more information on the parts I believe I need but my main question is what is the best way (which website or do I find a dealer) to order parts.

MORE INFO:
I have a warranty registration card that says Model: MFS6BS UL and S/N: 066094XH.

Looking at nissanoutboardparts.com/Parts-Books.html, under 6 HP, I chose the Model MFS6B, which doesn't seem quite right as it lists the year as 2010 and the motor looks newer than that.

Regardless, this took me to:
http://www.nissanoutboardparts.com/...Catalog MFS4B-5B-6B (2010) - (00221046-6).pdf

The parts I think I need are:
Shift Lever: 3H6-66110-0 (p. 23)
Drive Shaft Housing Gasket: 3H6-61012-0 (p. 22)

I googled a bit and found a few hits which basically advise:
"undo 6 bolts under motor pan, lift motor to get at bushing (1-2 on pg. 27, Fig. 12) then remove screw (#6, pg.35, fig. 12) pull out broken shift lever, replace with new, then all back together. "

Thanks for any advice on where to get the parts and any further recommendations on this repair.

Alan

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.