Mast replacement Ericson 27' - Page 2 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2017   #11
One of None

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Re: Mast replacement Ericson 27'

Pass on it, you don't want to get into a project but that is exactly what this boat is, there's thousands of boats out there you can find one for the price you're looking

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My last project!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
deniseO30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 02-13-2017   #12

krisscross is on a distinguished road

Since mast in E27 is keel stepped, finding a good replacement will be tricky and expensive. I would check with a rigger to see if the old mast can be repaired. If not, I would pass on this boat.
Old 02-13-2017   #13

mikel1 is on a distinguished road

The E27 mast is deck stepped . . . Look into Minneys . . . in LA also ask at the E27 Facebook group they have lot's of contacts . . .
mikel1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 02-14-2017   #14

captainmurph is on a distinguished road

I have a Cal 25 mast available, but it is only 29.8' (about 3' short) in West Michigan.

Greg Murphy
captainmurph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 02-14-2017   #15

Towguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmurph View Post
I have a Cal 25 mast available, but it is only 29.8' (about 3' short) in West Michigan.

Greg Murphy
That would almost work for my S2 7.9 (30.5) ft,I will have to keep you in mind!
Old 02-14-2017   #16

It's deck stepped?
Old 02-14-2017   #17

mikel1 is on a distinguished road

Yes the Ericson27 is deck stepped . . .I own one . . .also remember to check into marine consignment stores. . . . the one near me always has a few masts and booms etc. out back . . .
mikel1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 02-15-2017   #18

Ya have a few feelers out in edmonton /calgary ,and Vancouver area,hope to find a mast not to far away,should maybe check the okanagen. Any idea if a Ericsson mast that is 6 inches shorter than a s27.9 would work ok?. I suppose would have to rerig the stays and such,how much difference in sails?...Ralph. And why is this thread in a different format and blue?
Towguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 02-15-2017   #19
al brazzi

albrazzi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towguy View Post
Ya have a few feelers out in edmonton /calgary ,and Vancouver area,hope to find a mast not to far away,should maybe check the okanagen. Any idea if a Ericsson mast that is 6 inches shorter than a s27.9 would work ok?. I suppose would have to rerig the stays and such,how much difference in sails?...Ralph. And why is this thread in a different format and blue?
Its the Twilight Zone.. I don't know why but from time to time a post will revert to the old format. Weird Huh.
albrazzi is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
B-Zip
Zip/Postal Code (not required)
B-Cty
Country (not required)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.